I think my fiance was approved for a US tourist visa

In Chile, when the old, crazy, and infirm are institutionalized and set out in a wheelchair on the patio to drool all over each other they are referred to as “locos de patio”. This is where we keep our locos de patio on the All Chile Forum.

Registration required to read, 200 posts and 1 year to post in this forum. A work in progress.
Forum rules
Only members with 200 posts and 1 year on the forum are allowed to post. Must register to read. Work in progress.
wiscondinavian

I think my fiance was approved for a US tourist visa

Post by wiscondinavian » Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Title pretty much says it all. I think, think, think he was approved for his tourist visa, after being put in "administrative processing," according to this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

but.... that's not the same website that the US consulate told my fiance to check up on. My fiance interviewed on April 30th. The Santiago embassy website only updates the cases once a month. They just updated today... to April 29th. So we'd have to wait another month for the website to update.

Anyhoo, I'm going to make my fiance call them tomorrow to confirm, but I just wanted to celebrate and get my hopes up a bit. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Hawaii. :)

rocksana

Re: I think my fiance was approved for a US tourist visa

Post by rocksana » Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 am

Congrats, I hope!
So is it a normal tourist visa? or one of those fiance visas?

wiscondinavian

Post by wiscondinavian » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am

No, just a tourist visa. No desire to immigrate back there yet (and he's still a student, so gotta wait for that).

Family vacation in Hawaii is in August, but I'm hoping he gets it for more than just this year... it'd be really nice to spend Christmas up there, or even the Chilean winter visiting family in Wisconsin summer in the future. :)

We still have to actually get the passport back from the embassy, so we'll see how long his visa is good for then.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Wed May 08, 2013 11:50 am

That status tracker site is the one to check. If it says visa issued then the visa has been issued.