Chile Earthquake 2010, 1 Year in Memory and Celebration

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
cali_chile48

Re: Chile Earthquake 2010, 1 Year in Memory and Celebration

Post by cali_chile48 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

But the press has given us some pretty crappy press just the same. For some reason they associate us with catastrophy. Hasn't helped tourism this season at all.
HA! imagine that! coastal chile associated with catastrophe!

after the aftershocks in early february of this year, which compelled the carabineros to clear the beaches here in dichato (turns out the epicenter of the first and biggest aftershock was only 15 km from us, and underwater....), pinera gave a speech trying to calm everyone down. he said that the aftershocks were likely to continue for 5 years.....thanks, dude....that's the way to boost tourism til 2015.

truth is, people almost always have time to get away from a tsunami. you just have to be aware that that's what you need to do. after what happened in indonesia in 2006, the whole world should be aware of that. we also need to remember that the waves move slowly in shallow water.....that's why the big wave took three hours to reach us from cobquecura.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Is the documentary on tonight? I cannot find it in the history channel.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 am

The exact moment is passing right now.

The president is speaking now on tv.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Dagny

Post by Dagny » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:22 am

The pull of Chile is still strong.

My heart and Heineken, are humbled and raised; to every allchile(er).... Charles, Cali, the list goes on...

All you who've given your all to Chile - - - - -

I poignantly recall the challenge and response from members a year ago -----

In fear of waxing to poetically, I'll simply say thanks to the pioneers who've survived and remained and continue to fight for Chile.

Our Chile adventure has been delayed (for at least five years) by grad school in the US - but hearts are strengthened by the reality of those living the dream.
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny.
Where the government fears the people you have liberty."

John Basil Barnhill

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

O.k., I am going to lock this thread now. Perhaps we can revisit next year to see how far Chile has come (or not) in that time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.