List of OFFERS of aid and assistance in the Earthquake Zones

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
FrankPintor

Re: List of OFFERS of aid and assistance in the Earthquake Zones

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:44 am

Translated on behalf of Zandra

http://www.levantemoschile.cl/?page_id=3

Architects

If you are an architect and would like to help anywhere in Chile, register at http://www.plataformaarquitectura.cl/in ... luntarios/ or contact the national headquarters of the College of Architects (Alameda 115, Santiago / phone: (02) 353 2300 / (02) 353 2329 / (02) 353 2323)

Volunteers health services

Professionals and pre-health professionals can register at http://webhosting.redsalud.gov.cl/uap/v ... ngreso.php to be contacted once conditions permit travel to the affected areas (phone 600 360 7777)

Nurses can request information via email: comunicaciones@colegiodeenfermeras.cl

Psychologists

Psychologists who wish to help victims of the earthquake can request email at e-psicologia.cl. In addition, if anyone is capable of writing a psychological help guide for the victims, you are welcome to send this to daniloschulz@gmail.com

Lawyers

Provide general information regarding basic and frequent enquiries from those persons affected by the earthquake at http://ayudalegalporterremoto.blogspot.com/

Planning engineers

Planning engineers are needed. If you would like to be part of this voluntary effort, please contact the Architecture Directorate of the MOP (Ministry of Public Works) at Morandé 59, 9th floor / phone: (02) 449 3624

In addition, if any engineer is capable of creating a basic guide for the evaluation of structural damage to houses, which would be a danger to those living there, please send this to todosporunmundomejor@gmail.com

Red Cross

The Red Cross will shortly need professional volunteers. Those professionals over 26 years of age, please send an email to desarrollo@cruzroja.cl, indicating your name, contact number, email, occupation, and the area where you can help (i.e. in the metropolitan region or in another area of Chile).

STUDENTS IN THE METROPOLITAN REGION

Muévete Chile (Move It Chile)

40 centres of the Las Rosas foundation need help. If you wish to volunteer, please go to Rivera 2005, Independencia (almost on the corner of Vivaceta).

More information by mobile phone at (09) 9533 0170 or by email at muevetechile@muevetechile.org

Un Techo para Chile (A Roof for Chile)

To work as a volunteer in Santiago, call (02) 838 7310 to get information regarding the meeting points.

If you wish to help in the most affected areas, please contact us at the Un Techo para Chile website http://www.untechoparachile.cl and by phone at: (02) 838 7360 / 838 7304 / 838 7355.

Medical Students

Volunteers in the area of health (students) please register at http://www.minsal.cl or by phone at 600 360 7777.

Fundación Gesta

Register by email at phenriquez@fundaciongesta.cl, stating your availability.

Universities

- Universidad de Chile: you can register at http://www.fech.cl
- Universidad de Santiago: you can register by email with pablo_moyano@usach.cl

- In Viña del Mar: volunteers assembled Wednesday March 4 at the faculty of law at the University of Valparaíso from 10:00am
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 am

Un Techo para Chile (A Roof for Chile)

Is the one I am just itching to find the time to get involved with. They can have my entire team of architects, engineers, and lawyers, as long as I get to the chance to sink a nail out of a nail gun through my hand (yea, we use to just hit our thumbs with hammer).

I think it was because I tried to join a habitat for humanity project in central America as a 23 year-old backpacker and they sent me a typical computer form rejection letter back. I had owned a construction contracting company for two years, and manged another construction company for two years, and had done all jobs between sweeping floors and firing people by that point in my life.

Now looking back at it is kind of silly, and more my mistake than theirs. I guess I took the bureaucracy personally. If you walk up to any construction site in the world and tell the boss you are willing to work for no pay, who is going to say go away? someone would put you to work.

I never had much luck with formal applications. Always better to knock on the boss's door and then have them tell you to go away. It almost never happens, as I found out in the years after that.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Translated on behalf of Ana Maria

UNIVERSIDAD MAYOR DE TEMUCO helps LLICO and BOYECURA

The aim is to supply 1000 basic hampers (non-perishable foodstuffs). Donations are being received at the MANUEL MONTT campus.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Translated on behalf of Ana Maria

Government help is being distributed principally in the Maule and Bio-Bio regions.

The following placement has been arranged for mobile hospitals:

Comuna de Talca Two field hospitals and one army medical post
Comuna de Rancagua One field hospital
Comuna de Curanilahue One field hospital
Comuna de Constitución One army medical post
Comuna de Curicó One army medical post
Comuna de Chillan One army medical post

Apart from the above, four more field hospitals are available to be sent to other locations in the affected areas.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Translated on behalf of Ana Maria.

Government help is also being distributed in Hualpén, located on the coast of the Bio-Bio region.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm

The Ministry of Health (Minsal) has announced that vaccination will commence in the the areas with the highest health risk. This was announced by the Minister for Health, Álvaro Erazo, who received the field hospital donated by the Brazilian government (destined for Cerro Navia) accompanied by Julio Montt, the subsecretary for Relief Networks. Subsequently both visited the field hospital donated by Cuba (in Rancagua) and the army field hospital (in Talca).

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 pm

The supply of drinking water to strategic points has been prioritized in the region of Valparaíso, as well as the shipping of aid to Juan Fernández. Food parcels and emergency housing are being handled. Among other items, the following have been received by Juan Fernández, Villa Alemana, Quilpué, San Antonio and Valparaíso: water tanks of various capacities, hydraulic pumps, sleeping bags, mattresses, blankets, satellite telephones, and generators.

El pescado

Post by El pescado » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Finally got my house in a livable condition. I have 2 bedrooms with a full bath with clean, hot water, wifi connection and a discounted line to the states(basically my upstairs) as well as laundry facilities. If anybody needs to come in from out there and regroup, feel free to contact me. :D

Chilenita81

Post by Chilenita81 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Mackarena and I currently live in VA, USA - I was born and raised in Chile, Vina del Mar and even though my family is ok after the quake, my heart still aches for those that are in pain and going through so much. I have boxes and boxes of clothes and personal higiene items that I collected among friends and their friends and businesses here... now I need to find a way to ship it to Chile. I don't know where to go or who to talk to to get this aid there.... I'm also waiting to take my NCLEX to get my nursing license so once I have it.. I can go to Chile and help in anyway I can.... please if anyone can help getting this boxes to where it's most needed, I'll be forever thankful.... LOTS and LOTS of stuff... thank you! please email me to mackarenah@msn.com
THANK YOU!!!!!

Mackarena