Status of Allchile forum members

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
otravers

Re: Status of Allchile forum members

Post by otravers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:41 am

In terms of next steps, I suggest we focus today on the people already listed in the post, with the goal of double-checking that the post already lists all there is to know from their electronic trail on the forum: real name, email address, website, potential location, sex/age/nationality...

otravers

Post by otravers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:48 am

I'm not sure everyone is aware of the Find a member feature:
http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/memb ... searchuser

The member list can also be filtered by letter (look at the top of the list).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks, yea this crisis has me kicking myself for not overhauling the forum sooner. I have been patching what I can as we go along and tweaking configurations. It also have been seeing a lot of things that are left to be desired in terms of modifications and so on. When this crisis passes, the system will be getting a lot of TLC and customs modifications. Overall however it has hung in there, and it was never really organized for this sort of traffic and purpose.

As generals like to say, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you wish you had.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thingit

Post by thingit » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

No kicking yourself, you've been doing an amazing job so far and gone above and beyond what people could have ever expected of you.

All of us are thinking 'I should have done this or that' but all we can do now is plan for the future and make sure that if another disaster happens then we will be prepared and ready for it. Hindsight is both a helpful and horrible thing.

Lunkey

Post by Lunkey » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 am

all good here - trapped at the beach in Iquique 8) headed back to Santiago tomorrow by bus.... 26 hours.... ugh.....

otravers

Post by otravers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

I have updated the profiles of the 4 people in Concepcion at the beginning of my post based on whatever could be gathered from their posts. They should be the priority IMO. I don't know whether they chose to make more personal details (phone or email) available to the admin when they filled in their profile.

I'm not too worried at this point about people in Santiago or Viña - cities by and large returning to normalcy - so they shouldn't be stranded somewhere without water or food or unable to get in touch with their family. I very much hope everyone checks in though, just to be sure.

If our volunteers can continue mining the member database with a focus on people likely to be in the worst hit region, that would be great.

STORKLADY53

Post by STORKLADY53 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am

Just got an e-mail from 'heatherdevega'. She is OK...but her apt. is pretty much destroyed (Santiago) so she and hubby were evacuated and are now with family. So another one accounted for and safe.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

Great work everyone. We will focus on the the short list of MIA. I am concerned about Kristen S, and she had family with small children and limited Spanish.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 am

If anyone has any bureaucratic snafus, insurance companies messing with you, whatever related to the crisis, call us. Our office will go slap them around, and of course under the current situation for free.

STORKLADY53

Post by STORKLADY53 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Sic em' Charles!!

Riyko

Post by Riyko » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Patagonia Sur pm'd me back and he's fine =)
"por la muestra se conoce el paño"

swpsox

Post by swpsox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 am

Thanks everybody. I left Santiago in January and Chile as a whole in mid February. I´m in Buenos Aires on my way home to the states and really appreciate all the help this forum has been in the past and the concern now. All good, no worries for me. You're all in my thoughts