Status of Allchile forum members

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Status of Allchile forum members

Post by admin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 pm

we just got off the phone with Tom's girlfriend.

She believes he is alive and helping. She is desperate to get there, but her big problem is she has no way to get there. She says she has a backpack and supplies and is ready to go look for him. She just needs to get in to the area, even just concepcion she says, and she will make her own way north. She says she knows there are shelters and areas that the goverment has not reached yet, and he is most likly there helping out.

Is there anyone willing to drive her from Santiago, or that knows of people heading to the area?

If anyone can help, please PM me and we will help coordinate.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Let me add something to that last request.

BE VERY SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE COMMITTING TO!!!!

This is not a tourist destination. It is dangerous in ways I don't even know. It is a disaster zone under marshal law right now of the military, with no gas, electricity, or communications. You need to be able to get yourself in, and get yourself out. so we want no one committing to this lightly without thinking it through, and you should ideally be able to handle yourself in such situations. Preferably someone with experience in disaster zones and complete fluency in Spanish. We don't need another person on the missing list.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Steph

Post by Steph » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 pm

ok, i have worked through page 12. Unfortunately even after briefly reading peoples posts, most of them I cannot tell if they ever made it to chile. I had about 36 that have not been on since 27 feb and were possibly in Chile. The vast vast majority of these are people who have posted 1-10 times and not logged on for at least 6 months or so. I have messaged them all, but for people with so few posts I have to assume that they either are not in Chile or are here with some other sort of support network. However, hopefully I will hear from them. Tomorrow I will post an update on any responses I have, and start with another page.

Link for page 13 of members, list sorted as per otravers sorted it:

http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/memb ... &start=600

lawjam

Post by lawjam » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 pm

lawjam
was in USA at time of the earthquake...

Dagny

Members who replied OK

Post by Dagny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 pm

prakash

gypsyrover

papayero

eskiwaski

more as I get them
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny.
Where the government fears the people you have liberty."

John Basil Barnhill

cafecreme

Post by cafecreme » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm going to go through page 13 now.

Rc1981

Post by Rc1981 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm all safe and ok here...still a bit scared tho! :?

bbholico

Post by bbholico » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm okay. But we´re still trying to contact some friends in Conce...

cafecreme

Post by cafecreme » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Glad to see more members are OK.

Have been through page 13, here's the link for the next one, page 14:
http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/memb ... &start=650

Have heard from the member I was most worried about, Yanez – ‘lost the apt but its not important as everyone in my family is fine’ (he's in the Maule region).

Have kept a Word document that I used to record who I've contacted - location, etc. Basically, I got in touch with everyone, unless they were only planning a short holiday here a long time ago.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 am

yea, I am mostly concerned about guys with say more than 20 posts, and registered before the quake, and then never logged on again after the quake. There are a lot spammers that register with 0 or 1 post, and then come back months later to try and spam the forum. Even legit people, without more post it would be hard to find them in most cases. There might be a few real ones in the under 10 post range, but not many. I don't mean to dismiss them, just this thread is was meant to focus on the old timers that we have lots of information about and know. The general missing persons thread is working very well, and my staff is focusing on that plus any of the problematic members we find in this thread that no one can reach.

RitchieD

Post by RitchieD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am

Sorry if this is out of place. But, I received an email asking if I was in Chile.

Though I wish I was there to help with the recovery and resue effort, I am still in the US.

Thanks to the admins for this thread.

I hope everyone is safe!

R

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am

Charles, (please delete this after reading if you think it's out of place)
admin wrote:... and I am desperately searching through my email because I believe I have a cell phone number for him
In case you need to look for other peoples' mobile phone numbers in your email, I came up with a regular expression to find Chilean mobile numbers using grep in Linux or MacOS:

Code: Select all

cat mail_folder | grep -E "(^[[:space:]]*|([^(0-9.=)][[:blank:]]+))([(]?[[:blank:]]*09[[:blank:]]*[)]?[[:space:]]*)*([0-9][[:space:]]*){7,8}($|[^0-9[:space:].=])"
(those line breaks shouldn't be there, but that's how it gets formatted when posting)

This matches any line of a text file with a 7- or 8-digit number (ie. old or new-style) with optional spaces and an optional 09 or (09) prefix. To help avoid matching long numbers and hyperlinks or mail headers, the number cannot have any extra digits or certain characters immediately before or after it. That's not 100% bulletproof but it should be pretty close.

To look at the surrounding lines in the email, I would either tell grep to print 3 lines before and after the number by adding the flag "-C 3" or I would just load the file into a text editor and search again for the numbers found by grep.

You probably know this, but if you need to exclude some common string such as "X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000", you can do that with an extra pipe to "grep -v", such as:

Code: Select all

cat mail_folder | grep -v "X-" | grep ...
Maybe that helps and maybe it doesn't, but it's there if you need it...

Cheers,

James.

PS. This method gets my "Friends" mail folder down from 839000 lines to 294 lines!