MISSING PEOPLE IN CHILE

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
blackbirdcoffeehouse

Re: MISSING PEOPLE IN CHILE

Post by blackbirdcoffeehouse » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 am

thank you... will check back in the am.... we are in canada and can totally relay any info you need to people here....

Sarita09

Post by Sarita09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 am

FOUND FOUND FOUND

I am trying to find my dear friend Ana del Carmen Gallegos who was staying in concepcion. If her son's are reading this, Alfonso, jorge, Pedro or Jaime could you please contact me on my mobile number : 0797 498 4473 to let me know any news at all. If anyone else has any news on Ana could you please email or call. My email is : int057@coventry.ac.uk

Sarita09

Post by Sarita09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:01 am

I am trying to find my dear friend Ana del Carmen Gallegos who was staying in concepcion. If her son's are reading this, Alfonso, jorge, Pedro or Jaime could you please contact me on my mobile number : 0797 498 4473 to let me know any news at all. If anyone else has any news on Ana could you please email or call. My email is : int057@coventry.ac.uk

yoranw

Post by yoranw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 am

I am searching for info about my father Joop Wisse in Chillan.
I am very worried about him, and want to know if he is alright.

gregf

Post by gregf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am

Yoran, I found this information online. 09-6395507 is the cell phone number for a place called Balcacura, which his name seems to be linked with (Some sort of spa resot in Chillan?). THe other number I found was (56)042-424232 from an advert with Joop Wisse as the proprietor (this website: http://www.misbienes.com/indexBusqueda. ... sChile_580)

Is that the Joop Wisse we are looking for?

yoranw

Post by yoranw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:56 am

gregf wrote:Yoran, I found this information online. 09-6395507 is the cell phone number for a place called Balcacura, which his name seems to be linked with (Some sort of spa resot in Chillan?). THe other number I found was (56)042-424232 from an advert with Joop Wisse as the proprietor (this website: http://www.misbienes.com/indexBusqueda. ... sChile_580)

Is that the Joop Wisse we are looking for?

Yes thats the one but he is no longer living there.
He moved from that place to Chillan a view months ago.
All i know is that he is a ditributor or something for HERBALIFE.
I dont have a adress or a (cell)phonenumber.
Thanks for your help!

micheledecker

Post by micheledecker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am

admin wrote:micheledecker, I just sent you an update on what we found out.
I cannot find the update that you sent.

gregf

Post by gregf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 am

JOOP WESSE update.

You can get a long list of all Herbalife contact #s in chile (and the world) here: http://www.herbalifeww.com/world/pdf/worldwi.pdf

We called the Temuco office just now, they havem't been able to get through to any of the offices to the north. There is no office of Chillan and apparently the distributors in that area would just make contact with the offices as needed. There is a concepcion office but we were not able to get through. I believe they are still without electricity and there was no cell phone number.

We will keep looking for a number.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 am

Hold on we are just getting back up and running this morning.

We realized that we have a more efficient way of finding people in the south. We have an extensive network of contacts with hotel owners, other tourism businesses, and tourism associations in Southern Chile, especially in Temuco. We are going to contact all the Hotels and Hostels we can, and ask them to send us all the names of foreigners they currently have staying with them so we can post here. Our priority is to post by region affected, and then we will work our way out to less affected areas more south. It should help take some of the pressure off, and let us focus more of our resources directly on people that are really hard to find or contact.

Our brave girls from our downtown office and one of our drivers are going to pick up some computers at our office downtown, and bring them to our house so we can setup more workstations this morning. It seems our office building was damaged more than it seemed initially and can not be used.

Once we get them up and running we should be able to reach more people quicker.

We are also contacting all of our taxi drivers we have used over the years, and asking them to make contact with people and help us pass messages and search for people. They have radios in their cars to contact other drivers. We are working on getting a line of communication setup in to the 8th region and then the 7th.

Thus, this mornings priorities for us:
1. Get all the contacts with tourism buisness in Southern Chile going, and try to get a comprehensive list of foreigners and others that are in Temuco and in the 8th region that they know where they are at and what their status is.

2. Get our network of taxi drivers and others going and communication setup in the 7th, 8th, and 9th region. We understand there are a few phone lines working now in concepcion and some limited cell service in certain parts.

We will during all this be trying to track down and make contact with specific people that have sent us information. It is VERY IMPORTANT that when sending us information about a person you are trying to reach that you also send us their last known location, and any related contact info you might have regarding names of neighbors, friends, etc, so we can narrow down the area we are looking for someone as fast as possible in terms of getting in touch with perhaps neighbors or others.

We will try to pass information for everyone as fast as we can, but our priority in communication is close families and then friends.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

yoranw

Post by yoranw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks, the only thing i can do is sit and wait...and thats not easy.
I hope that my dad is allright and that i soon will hear from him..

Greetz Yoran

thraxchile

Post by thraxchile » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 am

POWER OUTAGE TEMUCO
MESSAGE FROM CHARLES
Temuco has lost power however, Charles wanted me to let you all know that they are still working - just no electric.... I am Frutillar and we have lost power as well - lucky for us we have a UPS so we have a little bit of back up power......

AussieMum

Post by AussieMum » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

I hope you are all okay if anything is needed please contact me
sarahjtello at gmail dot com