Chile: country of street dogs

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

xu

Post by marti » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:16 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

chucao_ambar

Re: Chile: country of street dogs

Post by chucao_ambar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Beautiful...
marti wrote:In the distance, a great white mass lazily rose, and rising higher and higher

And what synchronicity.

marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Post by marti » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 am

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:49 pm

marti wrote:Well, translation errors are always possible. Most of the history that I had read in this area was drawn from the material collected by A. B. Mitford, Tales of Old Japan, published in the 1870s. At that time and since that time the term seppuku had been used fairly consistently for the deaths of the ronin and for their previous shogun. And that was the word used when I asked about the story when I was in Shizuoka. But... translation... yes, we know.... Could it be that the expression sepukku is used as a kinder term instead of hara-kiri? In much the same way that huevones comunes are called "maestros" and perros de mierda are termed "perros callejeros" ?

A fine hijacking.
Not many Weterners are as well versed as you Don marti..All or most Americanos I know even with college degree also saz, Hara-Kiri instead of Seppuku. Or, Fuji-Yama instead of Fujisan! Besides, I thought you mentioning that you rode SBK bikes for living? If you ask me, I would say that you are more historian than motorcycle racer but I can be wrong ...
Now again, how old one can and has to be, to be accepted to one of your Patagonia bike trek joiner?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

chucao_ambar

Post by chucao_ambar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:13 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
marti wrote: A fine hijacking.
Not many Weterners are as well versed as you Don marti..
A lot of us Westerners would have a particular endearing term for that: he must be a true Renaissance Man. At least his virtual persona might be described as such, even if he´s a Hell´s Angel Punta Arenas branch in real life. Or else there is more A.I. on this forum than we might expect, after all. Some renaissance men have a fascist tendency or two, but it´s nothing to worry about. The chasm between a battle-hardened man of the world with a fascist tendency or two y un facho auténtico - que es flaite en su alma, si no en su coche - is vast. Most of us have more than we´d like to admit after all. It´s just human, man. It´s something to be resisted, like beer with breakfast, or a friendly fair trade strip club at lunch. And maybe a few of those schmucks are on to something anyway, amidst their puerile bs. If you can say that about communists, you can say it about fascists. People are marching around with Stalin placards and whatnot. Supporting any of this country´s glorious leaders is tame by comparison.
marti wrote:the woeful dogcatcher's cart

Not sure if Chilote legend or fanfic, Moby Dog 2050: Cyborg Huevón Ahab.

I love how on-topic this thread is. It´s a fantastic thing that the issue of Chilean street dogs, and all the permutations that the kernel topic generates, still manage to capture a little buzzed snapshot of the pathos of a nation and the reflections of a small number of its strange immigrant population, even a stupid newbie or two - well at least not every newbie is a dilettante.

As marti has mentioned, the perros on the street are a worthy parable, reflecting something accurately like some water somewhere, and a parable is all we need. Thank you all for the opportunity to grieve my airances.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

chucao_ambar, Wow ! You do a marvelous perplex writing ! Going back to Ronin dogs of Chile. Think of them, did not see many roaming the streets when I visited there last year?
Has that many Chinese restrnts sprung up ? En masses ? Who are the butchers providing those canine meats?
I will make sure not to have that bowl of sopa again, who knows what kind of meat in that delicious Sopa!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:07 pm

The dogs are getting even: see today's article in soychile/arauco--a "perro callejero" has started to bite car tires (parked), flattening several. I'm not making this up, the headline is "Mandibula de hierro", or close. .. No mention of whether the dog is indigenous, or descended from the colonizer's.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:33 pm

papageno wrote:
The dogs are getting even: .... a "perro callejero" has started to bite car tires (parked), flattening several.
A worldwide movement ?
The vandal responsible for a six-month spate of car damage in a town in Cumbria, has turned out to be a dog.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-27055750
The marmots are giving their support:
There is a huge problem of marmots chewing on cars coolant hoses in the Mineral King area of Sequoia National Park.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/stupid ... /110209985

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:23 pm

I've heard of places where the farmers deal with the marmots by leaving out hubcaps filled with antifreeze (yeahhh, I know). Those hose chewers could get more than they bargained for. ..

papageno

Post by papageno » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:24 am

[quotetoday's thread onrti"]
HybridAmbassador wrote:

Nice photomontage ! Did you picked up the dead canine then can sprayed yellow all over the poor dead doggey ?
Actually, no, I have a small army of willing minions who scour the nation in search of fetid roadside dog carcasses which they then carefully align for painting by the Ministry of Dog Decoration.

aplastado.jpg
[/quote]
Given today's thread on dog bites, it seemed "appropriate" to resuscitate this old post. ..

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:51 am

papageno wrote:[quotetoday's thread onrti"]
HybridAmbassador wrote:

Nice photomontage ! Did you picked up the dead canine then can sprayed yellow all over the poor dead doggey ?
Actually, no, I have a small army of willing minions who scour the nation in search of fetid roadside dog carcasses which they then carefully align for painting by the Ministry of Dog Decoration.

aplastado.jpg
Given today's thread on dog bites, it seemed "appropriate" to resuscitate this old post. ..[/quote]

Papageno, a little correction on your signature.
¡ Despiértame para las comidas!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

papageno

Post by papageno » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:02 am

Ahh Gloria, thank you! Of course, the intent is to say "wake me up for meals"--which then gets written on the LAN sleep masks.
So much for Google translate. .. :?