Post your Pet Photos

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
admin
Site Admin

Post your Pet Photos

Post by admin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 pm

I thought it would be nice to kick off the Chile Forum Pets and Animals with a round of introducing our pets.

It is often more educational by way of getting to know people to ask people about their pets than about their family or even themselves. So post away.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

gringalais

Re: Post your Pet Photos

Post by gringalais » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 am

Well, I will start with a couple of mine:

RWS

Post by RWS » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 am

Just a "couple" (and a very pretty couple, indeed)! Plus the one pictured beside your onscreen name . . . how many cats have you, "gringa"?

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks, we have 3 cats, 3 dogs, all but one rescues. We had another cat, but she got out due to some neighbor kids messing with one of the windows and supposedly a neighbor saw her hit by a car :( , but we never found her body.

Here are 2 of the dogs being patriotic for the 18th:

The kitten in my avatar is my 3rd cat when she was little. the dog is a rescue that I rehomed.

RWS

Post by RWS » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Good for you, "gringalais"! The comparative (compared to the States and western Europe, the two regions I know best) lack of concern in Chile for animals is one of the few off-putting aspects of the country. I'm glad that you're doing something about it.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

I tried uploading some to the "photo gallery". One of them worked, but after typing in the paths for the others I get a page that says "Upload successful. Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums" and doing that takes me to a completely blank page (every time, even after restarting Firefox) with the following URL:

http://www.allchile.net/chilephotos/upload.php

The pictures never appear :-(.

Thanks,

James.

cafecreme

Post by cafecreme » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 pm

So cute :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 pm

jehturner wrote:I tried uploading some to the "photo gallery". One of them worked, but after typing in the paths for the others I get a page that says "Upload successful. Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums" and doing that takes me to a completely blank page (every time, even after restarting Firefox) with the following URL:

http://www.allchile.net/chilephotos/upload.php

The pictures never appear :-(.

Thanks,

James.

Not sure what you where trying to do. Perhaps with a bit more explanation I could point you in the right direction.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 pm

It took me some attempts to figure it out, but now I upload the photos to photobucket, then I use the edit function to reduce the size. Then by choosing to view a certain photo I can use the IMG code to paste into a post here.

I just realized that must sound really confusing, but in reality it is not too hard. I can help you if you are still having trouble.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 pm

admin wrote:Not sure what you where trying to do. Perhaps with a bit more explanation I could point you in the right direction.
I was trying to upload a couple of my cat photos to the gallery so I could post them here. The only way I can see to post a photo here is to include the URL, so first of all I need somewhere on the Web to keep them and your gallery seems like the most obvious place. The problem is that after the "upload" step, the page that should let me add them to an album is just completely blank in Firefox (on Ubuntu), except for the very first time I tried it. I could try putting the pictures somewhere else on the Web, but I don't really have anywhere convenient set up.

Thanks!

James.

PS. My knowledge of computers is limited to programming them and maintaining the OS and network; all this social networking stuff is beyond me :-).

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Thanks for the tip, Gringlais; I could give that a try if I'm stuck. I'm a bit wary of signing up for different sites here there and everywhere though...

Cheers,

James.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 pm

I am not sure what that error is all about in the gallery, I will have to look in to it. Firefox has gone through some really bad changes lately, and they have essentially broken in it more ways than I can count. I am in the process of moving our office to opera browser (which has its own issues), but is getting better.

You should be able to upload it directly in to the forum here using the "upload attachment" tab under the window where you write your reply in the thead. It will then give you a button to place the file inline in the post on this thread. That would be the quick way for the current purposes.