chip your animals!!!

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
admin
Site Admin

chip your animals!!!

Post by admin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm

new law requires every cat or dog to be chipped and registered by 12th of february 2019.

the goal is to eliminate stray dogs and cats from the streets pf chile, eventually.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: chip you animals!!!

Post by admin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 pm

just had my vet come by and chip my 3 dogs. they are still not talking to me.

she is also the vet for several of our clients in the area. she mentioned that our client's dogs that we helped import 10+ years ago have chips from the u.s., but they were 12 digits. they had to be chipped again because the new chilean chips are 15 digits.

so check if you imported that you have the newer chip.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:02 pm

How much is the fine if you don't? They don't have enough inspectors to check if properties are registered and they are concerned about the dogs? This I got to see.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:21 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 pm
Dogs are smart. They know about the the sign of the beast.

First they'll chip your dogs. Then they'll come for your children :shock:
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:21 pm
admin wrote:

Parents included. Is already happening.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

mem

Post by mem » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:39 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:21 pm
admin wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I think you mean the "Mark of the Beast" that will come for your dogs and then your children :shock: Guess it's same difference.

We had a cat come an adopt herself to us a few years ago. She got preggo'd by a sly promiscuous orange morris cat and had a litter under our purrview. We adopted out all but the ugliest and sweetest of the kittens and kept mommy and the kitten. A year later mommy got preggers again had another litter which we adopted out all but one, leaving mommy cat, sister cat, and the newest kitten. We finally came to our senses and got mommy cat and sister cat spayed. Then not a few weeks later, we made the mistake of leaving mommy and kitten out all night and they got taken out by a roving band of predators (dogs or pumas I don't know). It was really sad, she was a great mommy cat, she would die before letting her kitten go, which is what happened...so now we only have the sister cat left. : (

admin
Site Admin

Re: chip your animals!!!

Post by admin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:41 am

https://www.chileatiende.gob.cl/fichas/ ... ey-cholito

the fines are pretty stiff: 1 to 30 UTM

like 48,350 pesos to 1,450,000 pesos currently.

now that said, i suspect this might turn in to another yellow jacket law that is never really enforced; but, i apreciate what they are trying to do.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am

I´m gonna be like a good chilean....I´m gonna wait for the government to give free chips....or a bono....whichever comes first....free is good! After all I´m entitled....isn´t the way it is? :alien:

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Maybe you should read this, because it's other alternative.

https://santiagotimes.cl/2019/02/05/hav ... -to-do-it/
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Seen to be trying without really trying is my guess, another fig leaf. It´ll simply be ignored by the powers that be in most communities, there´ll be no funding for it. Out of curiosity, under the law who´s supposed to do the enforcing and impose the fines?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

there was a comment this morning under this article about who was going to enforce this law, along the lines of, ' they dont know how many humans are entering the country and where they are at, but they are going to enforce one for dogs?'

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... lizar.html

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:44 pm

What they could do is go around fining about 100 people, and making videos of all the people they caught, and putting them on facebook and TV. Like a sustained campaign of repeatedly doing it and videoing every one and releasing them separately. Doing it across the country in all separate locations. A lot of people would panic and get it done.

And then whenever any journalists ask how many people are being enforced they just ignore the question and say they don't know numbers.

Just by fining 100 people they could make it look like they are going around doing it everywhere. Most people don't seem able to discern the difference between something that happens very occasionally or very regularly and just note that something is happening.

And then hopefully that would help fix it into the culture as something you do as a responsible citizen that therefore won't need further enforcement.

Fining 100 people and videoing them all is pocket change. If it doesn't work you've lost nothing.

Would be a bit unfair on the first people that got fined.

But they could fine people 10,000 or 20,000 to start with in the videos but clearly state in the videos that next month the fines will increase to 100,000 or 1 million or whatever.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268