Moving big dog from Dom Rep to chile

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
Plokkie

Moving big dog from Dom Rep to chile

Post by Plokkie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am

Where can I find the requirements to move a big dog from the Dominican Republic to Chile.

What do I have to think of?

Thanks

lost gringo

Re: Moving big dog from Dom Rep to chile

Post by lost gringo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 am

Five years ago I brought a Labrador to Chile. The requirements at that time were up to date rabies and parvo vaccinations and a health certificate from an authorized (by your country) veterinarian “legalized” (stamped) by your country’s agriculture department. This was from the U.S.
The requirements for your country may be slightly different or Chile may have changed the requirements in the last five years. You can check at the SAG (Dept of Agriculture) Chile website.
Suerte
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:33 pm

And a shipping container big enough with an airline willing to carry it, this may be harder than you think some airlines won't touch really big or aggressive breeds..........
It's all about the wine.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Plokkie wrote:Where can I find the requirements to move a big dog from the Dominican Republic to Chile.

What do I have to think of?

Thanks
http://www.sag.gob.cl/ambitos-de-accion ... -y-hurones

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:24 pm

nwdiver wrote:And a shipping container big enough with an airline willing to carry it, this may be harder than you think some airlines won't touch really big or aggressive breeds..........
LAN was really good back in 2011, when I brought my medium sized chow/elkhound mix. I don't know if anything's changed since then, but I didn't have any trouble with him being obviously part chow chow (sometimes considered an aggressive breed). LAN seemed to have a lot of experience with animals, at least back then. I think larger animals would have to go on a different flight, but I don't remember the size limits. It should still be on their website.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Plokkie wrote:What do I have to think of?
Make sure he/she's ok with being in a crate. If not, you should work on crate training as soon as possible. I seem to remember that sedating with drugs can be dangerous for them, on a flight. A little sedation might be ok, depending on the dog.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:22 pm

You should contact Chile's SAG if any certification from Dominican Republic is deemed legit to Chilean govnmnt. DR, as a country, not too recognized as legitimate.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:You should contact Chile's SAG if any certification from Dominican Republic is deemed legit to Chilean govnmnt. DR, as a country, not too recognized as legitimate.
They sure don't seem to have a problem with Haiti.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.