The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
User avatar
hlf2888
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: seventh region

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by hlf2888 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:16 pm

thanks Space Cat, found him hitching a ride by a highway in Quebec. His previous owner kept him tied all the time because he was a roamer. Finally his owner said I could have him because he kept running away to my place, 2 kms away and across a busy highway. He has finally stopped running, just needed some acreage to run on and oversee.

User avatar
hlf2888
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: seventh region

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:37 pm

admin wrote:by the strangest coincidence I was in our local "chino" store. It is real Chinese store. In frutillar we have this big store run by a couple young Chinese girls. Like they speak no Spanish, no English, and my Chinese is nowhere near sufficiently good to say much more than "thank you" and "good by" (which at least get's a giggle out of the girls).

Well, they have at least two different brands of dog shears behind their counter. I am going to buy both when I get a moment, and see if they are any good. Will report back. In fact, strangely, they have more dog and cat stuff (and other animal stuff) than any store I have seen in Chile, including the largest pet stores in Santiago. In fact, I have for my dogs, that like to pull on the leash really hard, two braided horse leads rather than leashes, that the metal clasp alone costs me like 5,000 pesos each at sodimac for around 3,000 pesos each.

So, will test and let you know.
Hola admin, what ever happened with your dog shear investigation? I am ordering more Andis blades for our return trip, will bring them with me instead of shipping. The blades get heated up and rather than stopping and waiting for them to cool, I can snap on another blade. The andis clippers should last 10-20 years. Blades range from 8$ to 30$.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16549
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by admin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:57 pm

yea, friend bought both of their brands they had, and they did not cut. Super chinese.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
seawolf180
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Pichilemu

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by seawolf180 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:54 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
admin wrote:by the strangest coincidence I was in our local "chino" store. It is real Chinese store. In frutillar we have this big store run by a couple young Chinese girls. Like they speak no Spanish, no English, and my Chinese is nowhere near sufficiently good to say much more than "thank you" and "good by" (which at least get's a giggle out of the girls).

Well, they have at least two different brands of dog shears behind their counter. I am going to buy both when I get a moment, and see if they are any good. Will report back. In fact, strangely, they have more dog and cat stuff (and other animal stuff) than any store I have seen in Chile, including the largest pet stores in Santiago. In fact, I have for my dogs, that like to pull on the leash really hard, two braided horse leads rather than leashes, that the metal clasp alone costs me like 5,000 pesos each at sodimac for around 3,000 pesos each.

So, will test and let you know.
Hola admin, what ever happened with your dog shear investigation? I am ordering more Andis blades for our return trip, will bring them with me instead of shipping. The blades get heated up and rather than stopping and waiting for them to cool, I can snap on another blade. The andis clippers should last 10-20 years. Blades range from 8$ to 30$.
So, hows that shearer working out for you?

Im (family) am about to get on the grooming learning curve.
Old English Sheep Dog pup arriving tommorrow.
Dog number 5, to join the 3 rescues, and a poodle. :?
An OES to tag along on Stgo runs for grooming, like the poodle, isnt going to happen.... So, been doing some homework, as we have (had?) a nice home.
Poodles make a great indoor pet, in the country, as oppossed to the rescue crew. This Sheep Dog has me concerned, though, and effective grooming will define its fate I think.

Remembered this thread.

Am asuming still no reasonably priced quality grooming articles in Chile.
If there are, would like to get them here. If anyone knows.
My daughter is visiting shortly so am looking at that Andis cutter, blades, etc.
Andis has more affordable models, with good reviews. With only a couple dogs to groom, I am thinking that high end model wont be neccessary.
But what I was really wondering is which blades and how many, and are any blades available in Stgo.
Appreciate any input.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

User avatar
seawolf180
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Pichilemu

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by seawolf180 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm

On Amazon all those clippers are 120v
I hate having to use a transformer.
Looking for a 120v-220v or just European 220v, I guess
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

User avatar
seawolf180
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Pichilemu

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by seawolf180 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Found these guys
http://www.fullpet.cl/contacto
Prices dont look too bad and are 220v Chilean plug etc.
They have lots of stuff and dispatch nation wide.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:23 pm

admin wrote:yea, friend bought both of their brands they had, and they did not cut. Super chinese.
Yeah,at first who bought them said, hallelujah! PenneyWise and rejoice but then a Dollar foolish,same story over and over, They all said,Oh I should have spent a bit more and could have gotten quality![/quote]
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The Dearth of Dog Groomers aka Chilean Learning Curve

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:25 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
admin wrote:yea, friend bought both of their brands they had, and they did not cut. Super chinese.
Who buys them...?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Post Reply