Historic floods and animal relief in Chile?

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
Kaitee

Historic floods and animal relief in Chile?

Post by Kaitee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Never mind...found the answer I was seeking under Norte Floods....thanks.

marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Re: Historic floods and animal relief in Chile?

Post by marti » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:53 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

Kaitee

Post by Kaitee » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:13 pm

IFAW.org asking for funds for pets and other animals stranded due to flooding in Chile. They wrote: "

When the floods and landslides hit, there was no warning. People and animals fought for their lives - and not all of them survived.

Thousands of people have fled for shelters. To save themselves, many of them had to make the heartbreaking decision to leave behind their dogs, cats and other animals.

Chile was devastated by the intense floods, and animals are now suffering. Food and water is about to run out in some towns. Thousands of animals are at risk of starvation and disease.

The Chilean government asked our disaster response team for help, and we've answered the call.

We're already working with our local partners to provide field assessments and to help rescue and care for dogs, cats and other animals whose lives are at great risk from this historic flooding. We're already receiving urgent requests for clean water, food, and medical care, so we must act fast!

The situation in Chile is chaotic, but I'll keep you updated about what we're doing to save animals' lives.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:55 pm

...dogs, cats and other animals whose lives are at great risk from this historic flooding. We're already receiving urgent requests for clean water, food, and medical care, so we must act fast!
I could not find any mention of any activities related to Chile in their web pages.

Considering the current reality in which there is very difficult access to help the people in these areas, I find hard to understand their request to help 'dogs, cats and other animals'. Are goats and donkeys included?

Today Copiapo had problems with phones and internet communications. How are others doing in smaller communities?

A dog video from the north:
Perrito se salva del alud de barro en Chañaral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4WV51wzzI