Pet-friendly hotels in South

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
gyroid

Pet-friendly hotels in South

Post by gyroid » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Does anybody know a hotel friendly to cats in Valdivia or in neighbouring cities?

I found some in Santiago, but there're no pet-friendly places in South according to several sites about places to stay with pets.

Gloria

Re: Pet-friendly hotels in South

Post by Gloria » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:04 pm

gyroid wrote:Does anybody knows a hotel friendly to cats in Valdivia or in neighbouring cities?

I found some in Santiago, but there're no pet-friendly places in South according to several sites about places to stay with pets.
A pet friendly could mean different things to different countries therefore you need to be more specific. Do you want to keep your pet in your room? Do you want a separate room for your pet? Do you want a jacuzzi, entertainment and room service for your pet? Or do you just want a small area outside to keep your pet?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:10 pm

When I was looking for a place to overnight with 2 large dogs and a cat, I found that the operators of the sex motels will usually be agreeable if it is on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Those are their slowest nights. Since they rent by the hour, you can usually negotiate a decent price for a night when it is a slow night, animals in the room. We ended up doing the 5 hour drive from Santiago, after 13 hours on the flight, instead of stopping at the sex motel so my poor animals were deprived of the interesting television stations they offered. :-)

gyroid

Post by gyroid » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Gloria wrote:A pet friendly could mean different things to different countries therefore you need to be more specific. Do you want to keep your pet in your room? Do you want a separate room for your pet? Do you want a jacuzzi, entertainment and room service for your pet? Or do you just want a small area outside to keep your pet?
Just keeping him in the room. :D
hlf2888 wrote:When I was looking for a place to overnight with 2 large dogs and a cat, I found that the operators of the sex motels will usually be agreeable if it is on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Those are their slowest nights. Since they rent by the hour, you can usually negotiate a decent price for a night when it is a slow night, animals in the room. We ended up doing the 5 hour drive from Santiago, after 13 hours on the flight, instead of stopping at the sex motel so my poor animals were deprived of the interesting television stations they offered. :-)
Sex motels? I have never encountered one. How can I find them in Chile?

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:11 pm

hlf2888 wrote:…………...so my poor animals were deprived of the interesting television stations they offered. :-)
And barking at their own reflection in the mirror on the ceiling!

Sex motels are called "motel", not to be confused with "motel de turismo" which can be family friendly, though there are fewer of those around now. Simple cabañas, cabins, usually don't mind if you have a pet with you but avoid the fancier ones as they do and say so on their websites.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:16 pm

hlf2888 wrote: sex motel so my poor animals were deprived of the interesting television stations they offered. :-)
They missed watching "Poodle Sally does Dallas"? :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:21 pm

gyroid wrote: Sex motels? I have never encountered one. How can I find them in Chile?
I already picture it...."I need a room for me and my bitch please!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:20 am

Small dogs are accepted in most 5 stars :)

gyroid

Post by gyroid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:54 am

I'm not ready for 5 stars financially and we have a cat.

Searching on Kayak at last showed me multiple pet-friendly places including 3 pretty affordable ($40-50/night). Anyway I will call them later to confirm their friendliness to pets in person. :D

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

gyroid wrote:I'm not ready for 5 stars financially and we have a cat.

Searching on Kayak at last showed me multiple pet-friendly places including 3 pretty affordable ($40-50/night). Anyway I will call them later to confirm their friendliness to pets in person. :D
Then post on here with the results, please. People are always asking about this.