AWESOME puppies need a good home

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
weitz

AWESOME puppies need a good home

Post by weitz » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 am

My neighbor rescued these two sisters after they were dumped in a field and had been keeping them warm and fed but she needed to leave the country and I've since taken them in.

They're approximately three months old and the vet said they're mostly Akita and German Shepherd. They have amazing personalities: they're both extremely intelligent, very well-behaved for such young puppies and loving without being clingy. They're very happy-go-lucky and not at all aggressive. They're not barkers either, they're both healthy and have had their shots and been examined.

Send me a PM for more pics.

I took them in because I couldn't bear the thought of them becoming street dogs, especially since dogs here in Pucon have recently started to be carted away in trucks and brought to “shelters” that are known to be miserable.

That said, I am not in a position right now to keep them long-term but I still want them to have a good life. They are awesome and they'll make great pets.

It would be nice to find someone to take both of them together, but I would be grateful to anyone who would be able to provide at least one of them with a loving home. To that end I'd be happy to bring them anywhere between Chillan and Puerto Montt.

Also, if anyone can give me some advice as to where I might be able to find a shelter that provides a healthy, happy environment from which they are likely to be adopted (if it becomes necessary) I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks!! :!:
Attachments
DSCN0391.JPG
DSCN0391.JPG (44.64 KiB) Viewed 2934 times

HybridAmbassador

Re: AWESOME puppies need a good home

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm

weitz wrote:My neighbor rescued these two sisters after they were dumped in a field and had been keeping them warm and fed but she needed to leave the country and I've since taken them in.

They're approximately three months old and the vet said they're mostly Akita and German Shepherd. They have amazing personalities: they're both extremely intelligent, very well-behaved for such young puppies and loving without being clingy. They're very happy-go-lucky and not at all aggressive. They're not barkers either, they're both healthy and have had their shots and been examined.

Send me a PM for more pics.

I took them in because I couldn't bear the thought of them becoming street dogs, especially since dogs here in Pucon have recently started to be carted away in trucks and brought to “shelters” that are known to be miserable.

That said, I am not in a position right now to keep them long-term but I still want them to have a good life. They are awesome and they'll make great pets.

It would be nice to find someone to take both of them together, but I would be grateful to anyone who would be able to provide at least one of them with a loving home. To that end I'd be happy to bring them anywhere between Chillan and Puerto Montt.

Also, if anyone can give me some advice as to where I might be able to find a shelter that provides a healthy, happy environment from which they are likely to be adopted (if it becomes necessary) I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks!! :!:
Good looking Pup ! Must be German Sheppard mut..The Akitas has different fetures, spent a few years in Akita province, Mom is from the region and had Akita pup myself when kid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Akita+p ... 25&dpr=1.5
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 pm

yea, those are some nice looking dogs, and I have always have a soft spot for sheppards as my first dog was a sheppard. Unfortunatly my awesome puppy quota is filled with the two awesome puppies I have already adopted.

Not really seeing the akita in them, but I do think the sheppard genes would be dominate in that mix due to the dark colors and so on. either way, should make for a good mix. Perhaps manefesting a good watch dog traits (healthy suspicioun of strangers, without biting everyone in the neighborhood), with the temperment, loyality, and level headness of a sheaperd that would make them good family dogs. sheapards can be a little too friendly with everyone. Just a guess. Personally I like both breads. the combo should even the extemes of both out a bit.

my favorite all time bread is the mutt, and especially the quiltro (chilean mutt). Each one is completly unique.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 pm

admin wrote: my favorite all time bread .
Breed, Charles...is breed no bread!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Gloria wrote:
not according to my very helpful samsung phone. my spelling sucked before touch screen phones. now i dont even bother.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

admin wrote:
Gloria wrote:
not according to my very helpful samsung phone. my spelling sucked before touch screen phones. now i dont even bother.
:lol: :lol: Your samsung phone is not very helpful at all so it would be better if you throw it out of the window :lol: but it's understandable because you answered at lunch time and you thought they were giving away a hotdog and bread came to mind instead of breed :lol: as you can see there is an explanation to your bad spelling :roll:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

El Zorro

Post by El Zorro » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Nope lepe pipe daspe pepe raspe alpe olpe mope.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol:

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Charles, Sumsung phone ? Get an apple iphone, pretty sure you can afford one !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:Charles, Sumsung phone ? Get an apple iphone, pretty sure you can afford one !
I actuellly own 4, with full cell contracts. one for my wife, 2 full-time employees, and one we float between part-time employees. Guess what? you could not pay me to use myself. frigen hate them. overpriced, super limited, tiny, rip-offs. The only reason we have so many is my wife likes hers, and thus all the other employees get them because my wife likes hers and they have to work with her on the phone most of the time. I need something with a few more options.

In fact, other than the keyboard issue, I am pretty happy with my Note. I just went out and ordered a keyboard for it. kind of silly that I have not bought one, when the keyboard is my biggest issue with it.

anyway, way off topic. bad admin, bad admin. :shock: :oops:

weitz

Post by weitz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 am

I managed to place one of the puppies with a good family. One left. Any takers?