Caught a fox (zorro) in Southern Chile

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
David_Bro

Re: Caught a fox (zorro) in Southern Chile

Post by David_Bro » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:15 pm

We have foxes around our place-----I was on a walk in the orchard and one of the cats was in the process of moving her litter from one barn to the bodega at the house---so I am walking and thinking and the cat sees me through the grass and stops, putting down her kitten, the cat is distracted by something but not by me---the cat, now maybe 5 or 6 meters from her kitten turns away and this little fox jumps out of the weeds, grabs the kitten and is off----the cat freaks out looking for the kitten, calling to it but the fox is long gone and smacking his lips over his fast lunch----

We have chickens and turkeys in a large coop with a big yard for them---the foxes come about once every 3 weeks or so----one comes in close on one side and cries out so the dogs go out after it----as the one fox takes the dogs away into the forest---the other fox is in the coop and long gone with a chicken before the dogs get back----they do this every time and make off with one of our chickens-----oh well, to me it's like paying the rent on the foxes service for killing and hunting all the rats, mice and rabbits we have, so I am never too upset about it-----everybody has to wet their beak----the Pueco comes in for his rent too, about once a month-----

###

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 pm

I may have posted this before, can't remember, but.
I saw a fox in June. Photo here: http://www.idledreamer.com/?p=290
It was on Cerro Pachoco, near the top, and 2-3 hours earlier, I had been driving along the Costanera Norte.

marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Post by marti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 am

guardaganados is gone
La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.