chip your animals!!!

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
Gloria

Re: chip your animals!!!

Post by Gloria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Britkid wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:44 pm
What they could do is go around fining about 100 people, and making videos of all the people they caught, and putting them on facebook and TV. Like a sustained campaign of repeatedly doing it and videoing every one and releasing them separately. Doing it across the country in all separate locations. A lot of people would panic and get it done.
Boy....oh boy! You are putting yourself at the same level as those chilean "flaites" "funando" those "non compliant". Go back to the drawing board for a better solution.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Had to take one of our dogs to the vet today, so we had him chipped! 10,000 pesos for a neutered male. We and our dogs are fortunate that we can afford this new “tax”. We still have to go through the registration process and wonder what a frustration that will be. We take care of our dogs, have them fixed, they get their shots annually and vet visits whenever there is a reason to. We have adopted many abandoned dogs over the years, our village seems to be a magnet for dog-dumpers, and have cared for them all equally. But if this initiative is intended to somehow protect dogs from maltreatment, I have to say that this is one of the most farcical programs I have come across anywhere. The end result will be more dogs abandoned on the street - or in the campo because of peoples inability or unwillingness to pay ...or simply that they have no way of getting their dogs to the vet to have the chip inserted. We know of folks who are illiterate and cannot fill out the forms ...On so many levels, the way this initiative has been implemented is doomed to fail. And so many dogs will suffer because of it. It saddens me!

Nidia

Post by Nidia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:23 am

Interesting, seeing as we have four cats that we will bring, I will definitely check in on this before we come over.

*Although the places sounds like China in some aspects...hehehe*
Conformity is the disease ... Rebellion is the cure...

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Nidia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:23 am
Interesting, seeing as we have four cats that we will bring, I will definitely check in on this before we come over.

*Although the places sounds like China in some aspects...hehehe*
It wasn't possible to enter Chile with an un-chipped animal even 5 years ago. International travel by default requires having a chip, multiple vaccines not less than a month in advance, and internal/external parasite treatment a couple of weeks before. These are more or less general rules unless you are going to a super defensive country like Australia or NZ where you have to quarantine your pet for half a year or something like that.