Completo, USA Style

All topics related to food in Chile including, Chilean food, expat food favorites, exchanging recipes, where to shop, hard to find foods, substitute ingredients and foods, food quality, restaurants, and more. If you can eat it in Chile, post it here.
Forum rules
No advertising. Please post in the classifieds section.
oregon woodsmoke

Completo, USA Style

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

One of the USA fast food places has been running an ad that always makes me think of all of you who think the completo is a bit too much.

They are heavily promoting their new foot long hot dog topped with chili, cheese, jalapenos, onion, Frito corn chips, and chipotle sauce. It makes a completo, with its avocado and tomato, look like health food.

greg~judy

Re: Completo, Montreal Style

Post by greg~judy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Please... perhaps it might not be possible for any to compete with this monstrosity?
Epic sandwich is distinctly Québécois

Four Montrealers have created a gargantuan sandwich, the Angry French Canadian, which combines bacon, poutine, French toast, hot dogs, maple syrup, plus eggs, on a wonderfully greasy baguette that weighs in at 5,343 calories.
[BTW... poutine is an abomination, quite popular in Quebec, - consisting of "French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy or sauce" ]
The message is: "We're Canadian and we're crazy, too," according to sandwich co-creator Harley Morenstein.
If you have a strong stomach...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQX2kC1j ... r_embedded
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa

pinguin

Re: Completo, USA Style

Post by pinguin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I bet the innovator is Chilean

j. Ro

Post by j. Ro » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Mmmm... Poutine!

It is almost lunch time... I might have to go get some!
Jason Roesler, AT

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:45 pm

patagoniax wrote:...
Mon dieu, le chauvinisme, la densité....
Look who is talking :roll:
At least Lukas loved his addopted land. This is not your case. :roll:

Gringo Pillo

Post by Gringo Pillo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:22 pm

patagoniax wrote:
greg~judy wrote:.... the Angry French Canadian,
Isn't "Angry French Canadian" redundant?

Ce qui nous rappelle le conflit dans l'expression, chef chilien habile.
I am glad I cannot hear this if you speak Canadian French. Of all the dialects in the world this sounds the most......

I remember when I lived in British Columbia as a kid and in school they tought real French.

But the best by far, of course, is that French peoples ask Canadien Quebeqois to speak English because not understand nothing.

Pero... is same in Finland. The minority language of Finland is Swedish. Our dialect is very different from Sweden.

Thread is completo. In my opinion the hot dog and completo are both crapicito. Tasteless white bread and a wiener made of ......

In chile make very good frankfurter wieners but why are they so hard to find and everybody eat oscar meyer wiener type of sausages??? Last time I bought good wieners was from the mercado de temuco.

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Gringo Pillo wrote: Thread is completo. In my opinion the hot dog and completo are both crapicito. Tasteless white bread and a wiener made of ......

In chile make very good frankfurter wieners but why are they so hard to find and everybody eat oscar meyer wiener type of sausages??? Last time I bought good wieners was from the mercado de temuco.
Could you explain me, please, what is the difference in wieners? You got me curious.
By the way, how don you find the famous Chillan sausages? Or the sausages made in souther Chile by German descendants?