Attention those looking for US foods, snacks. Kirkland products

All topics related to food in Chile including, Chilean food, expat food favorites, exchanging recipes, where to shop, hard to find foods, substitute ingredients and foods, food quality, restaurants, and more. If you can eat it in Chile, post it here.
Forum rules
No advertising. Please post in the classifieds section.
paladin

Re: Attention those looking for US foods, snacks. Kirkland products

Post by paladin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:21 pm

nothing to do with this thread, but does anyone know where I can get simple British staple necesities like baked beans and HP sauce?

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:56 am

paladin wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:21 pm
nothing to do with this thread, but does anyone know where I can get simple British staple necesities like baked beans and HP sauce?
English Emporio sometimes has them. They have a (frustrating) website and a shop in Vitacura in Santiago. There is also a guy, called Edward Seisun, who makes English muffins and sausage rolls. And Hubbard and Smith do English style bacon and sausages. :D

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:47 pm

So, my husband had to go into Santiago today and he stopped by one of the stores and surprised me with candy, maple syrup and a caramel syrup for coffee. Eeuu you are a bad influence! :evil:

paladin

Post by paladin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Donnybrook2 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:56 am
paladin wrote:
English Emporio sometimes has them. They have a (frustrating) website and a shop in Vitacura in Santiago. There is also a guy, called Edward Seisun, who makes English muffins and sausage rolls. And Hubbard and Smith do English style bacon and sausages. :D

thanks for the info. I’ve been to the English Emporio a couple of times, but they didnt have them. There used to be a bloke who owned a pub in Prov that brought everything in, but he went bust.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 am

gringalais wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:47 pm
So, my husband had to go into Santiago today and he stopped by one of the stores and surprised me with candy, maple syrup and a caramel syrup for coffee. Eeuu you are a bad influence! :evil:
We all have free will and the devil made me cave is NOOOO excuse :P

Now all we need is a See's candy outlet :mrgreen:
Que será, será.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 am

paladin wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:23 pm
Donnybrook2 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:56 am
paladin wrote:

thanks for the info. I’ve been to the English Emporio a couple of times, but they didnt have them. There used to be a bloke who owned a pub in Prov that brought everything in, but he went bust.
I am going to send you a link by private message.

mem

Post by mem » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:29 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 am
gringalais wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:47 pm
We all have free will and the devil made me cave is NOOOO excuse :P

Now all we need is a See's candy outlet :mrgreen:
Agh!! How much treats can we handle EE? My wife is going crazy over all this :lol:

nomad747

Post by nomad747 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:34 pm

paladin wrote:
Oh how I miss breakfast with baked beans :wink:

English Emporio in Vitacura is good .... Also Jumbo has some Brit stuff every now and then (but its a typical big-box store with only 1 or 2 sections to pick through for foreign foods).

I also order a lot online from "British Corner Shop" - they have pretty reliable deliveries to Santiago in about 2-4 weeks, also options for insured/trackable packages and usually arrives through DHL locally without much grief. They also have some nice ready made boxes called "brit kits" that I indulge on occasion.