Where to find peppers and pepper seeds?

All topics related to food in Chile including, Chilean food, expat food favorites, exchanging recipes, where to shop, hard to find foods, substitute ingredients and foods, food quality, restaurants, and more. If you can eat it in Chile, post it here.
Forum rules
No advertising. Please post in the classifieds section.
vamoschile

Where to find peppers and pepper seeds?

Post by vamoschile » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:33 pm

I am missing fresh peppers(jalapenos, Poblanos, Serrano, Habanero, etc). I have found in Jumbo canned Serranos and Jalapenos but nothing fresh. Does anybody no where to find fresh peppers and fresh peppers seeds so I can grow my own? I live in the O'Higgins are and am willing to travel to Santiago if necessary. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Where to find peppers and pepper seeds?

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Find the Peruvian vendors at your local ferias who sell different types of peppers, buy their peppers and extract the seeds. My local hiperLider sometimes has different types of fresh peppers but haven't seen much recently since the lockdowns began. For the hottest Chilean one, look for the puta madre (a little red pepper that kicks ass on the heat scale). Maybe your established Mercado in town has the whole potted plant for sale.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard