German sausages in Santiago

All topics related to food in Chile including, Chilean food, expat food favorites, exchanging recipes, where to shop, hard to find foods, substitute ingredients and foods, food quality, restaurants, and more. If you can eat it in Chile, post it here.
Forum rules
No advertising. Please post in the classifieds section.
HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3472
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: German sausages in Santiago

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:46 pm

tiago, does the Brasileiros eat sausage for breakfast? I thought more like eggs and hams. or boiled green plantains then mash it to create the "mofongos" with crispy bacons!.. I'll ask the Sao Paulo japonese~brasileiros as to famed Brasilian breakfast..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Santiago

Re: German sausages in Santiago

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:06 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:tiago, does the Brasileiros eat sausage for breakfast? I thought more like eggs and hams. or boiled green plantains then mash it to create the "mofongos" with crispy bacons!.. I'll ask the Sao Paulo japonese~brasileiros as to famed Brasilian breakfast..
Most Brazilians will eat bread, coffee and biscuits, as well as some egg, cheese and ham, and those with Japanese roots sometimes have a Japanese breakfast. However, I'm following a strict no-carb diet for weight loss, so no bread and biscuits for me.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3472
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: German sausages in Santiago

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:tiago, does the Brasileiros eat sausage for breakfast? I thought more like eggs and hams. or boiled green plantains then mash it to create the "mofongos" with crispy bacons!.. I'll ask the Sao Paulo japonese~brasileiros as to famed Brasilian breakfast..
Most Brazilians will eat bread, coffee and biscuits, as well as some egg, cheese and ham, and those with Japanese roots sometimes have a Japanese breakfast. However, I'm following a strict no-carb diet for weight loss, so no bread and biscuits for me.
Most Brazilians will eat bread, coffee and biscuits, as well as some egg, cheese and ham,
Hmmm, when I was staying in Lima,Peru. The 'desayunos' were mostly as you mentioned, bread and coffee. Seems that the Brasileros are a step ahead, in adding Eggs, Cheese, and Jamon for their Breakfasts!.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Santiago

Re: German sausages in Santiago

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:13 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
tiagoabner wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:tiago, does the Brasileiros eat sausage for breakfast? I thought more like eggs and hams. or boiled green plantains then mash it to create the "mofongos" with crispy bacons!.. I'll ask the Sao Paulo japonese~brasileiros as to famed Brasilian breakfast..
Most Brazilians will eat bread, coffee and biscuits, as well as some egg, cheese and ham, and those with Japanese roots sometimes have a Japanese breakfast. However, I'm following a strict no-carb diet for weight loss, so no bread and biscuits for me.
Most Brazilians will eat bread, coffee and biscuits, as well as some egg, cheese and ham,
Hmmm, when I was staying in Lima,Peru. The 'desayunos' were mostly as you mentioned, bread and coffee. Seems that the Brasileros are a step ahead, in adding Eggs, Cheese, and Jamon for their Breakfasts!.
To be fair, most Brazilians have just bread and butter with a coffee when they're in a rush. We prioritize lunch over breakfast.

paladin
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: German sausages in Santiago

Post by paladin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Try petersdeli.cl I used to buy his weisswurst when he had deliveries to your home in Santiago. I found them great. He rhen started to grow and now advertises various places where theoretically you can buy his products. My closest one is Streetmarket in Vitacura, but for the last couple of months, each time I go in, they say they are still waiting gir him to fill the order they placed. Maybe one of the other places has them.
I can recommend the Hubbard English sausages, and I know they also supply the Kings Cross restaurant in Providencia, but I havent been there yet.

Post Reply