Too old for English Opens Doors, but like concept.

Post announcements in Chile for good causes, find something to do, associations, organizations, calls to action, groups, and just all around lend a hand to help improve Chile or solve a problem big or small. If you don't find one you like, start one here.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Forum rules
No spam. Must be in Chile. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY ADMIN!!!
dfjordan

Re: Too old for English Opens Doors, but like concept.

Post by dfjordan » Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
What I have learned is that without much knowledge of Spanish, formal teaching of English would not be feasable.
Not at all. Some language institutes FORBID the use of Spanish while teaching English in their classrooms. The problem with not having a functional level of Spanish is not with the job, it is with everything else that you have to do, like cashing those little checks you''ll be getting.

You´re right; when I worked at Berlitz a few years back, they loved the idea that my Spanish was bad as it meant the students had no choice but to try their English if they wanted to ask a question. The most important thing for them was to find native speakers an not Chileans who had become fluent in English.

direct

Post by direct » Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm

patagoniax wrote:
JvG wrote:My hobbies include car repair and house rehabbing, .
Too bad your knees have gone bad. Patagoniax has a temporary room for a decent handyman-carpenter in southern Patagonia. Salmon fishing down the hill, views of the glaciers, etc. Not a bad gig.

Does that come with thermal underwear?

shilpa

Post by shilpa » Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

I am currently working for this program. Also, last year I worked as a part time volunteer, and I really enjoyed it. I will write more about it soon.