No spam. Must be in Chile. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY ADMIN!!!
- go play outside
- Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 am
- Location: Pucón, Santiago
These ladies (predominantly) do amazing work with scarce resources. The charities I am currently focusing on are:
1. The Hogar de Betania, which houses 30 girls from the ages of 5-18. Some are orphans, some have a history that doesn't bear thinking about. 2. La Casita de Los Suenos - this is a govt and municipality funded jardin infantil for babies from 3 months to 5 years. They have FIFTY children in the one building for daycare, mainly from extremely poor families and/or single mothers who need to work. They welcome donations both for the daycare, and to be distributed as gifts for the children.
3. El Hogar de San Martin in Curarrehue, who care for babies and young children from disadvantaged homes and those awaiting adoption. Again, any donations are gratefully received.
We now have the support of various organisations in the town but I thought it was worth raising here in case someone is looking to do a bit of a clear out. I've put the details on our webpage, including how you can contact me so I don't need to post my number here. http://www.chilecentral.cl/donate.html
To be clear, I'm not religiously affiliated,though some of the organisations are, and I usually don't even really find Christmas particularly interesting - but if you could see what some of these people are working with, you would understand!
this is really appreciatable
One of my friends started an NGO for child education and also he collect many old toys or clothes from other people for kids who learn education from this NGO