Please don't ask us for shipping recommendations

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
admin
Site Admin

Please don't ask us for shipping recommendations

Post by admin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm

A topic, I should have posted years ago. Better late than never.

Please don't PM or email me asking for shipping company recommendations or how to do it. I get a lot of request, and I pretty much have to give the following explanation everyone:

First, obviously, we are a buisness. As such, we don't give away such specific proprietary info for free. We have acquired our information, know how, and contacts related to shipping over years of trial and error. It is constantly changing anyway. The closest thing you are going to get, is this forum.

Second, besides needing to make a living, we don't give that information out unless we are directly involved. Because if we are going to attach our name to such things as what another company is going to do or not do, we also need to be in position to fix it when it does go wrong. In shipping to Chile, that can be really frequently.

Even if we were so inclined to do it, It is not just as simple as giving you a name. When something goes wrong, I don't want people thinking 'those people over at Spencer Global sure don't know what they are doing', when it is in fact you that does not know what you are doing. You only have a small piece of the puzzle in regards to what you need to know, and we don't want to be blamed for that.

If we handle shipping, that typically means one of two things. You have hired us to handle it from the start, as part of a larger project such as getting some tax benefits in coordination with your residency, a new corporation that involves a commercial shipment of some sort (e.g. machinery or products), and so on; or, secondly, you have some sort of major problem with a shipment that is already say at the docks and something has gone really wrong (that a shipping company was likly suppose to have fixed, but can't). We don't ship things to Chile. We are not a shipping company. We fix shipping problems, or problems that involve shipping.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

wendyann

Re: Please don't ask us for shipping recommendations

Post by wendyann » Thu May 16, 2013 4:06 am

Charles, do you handle import/export business matters?