WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Re: WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

Post by marti » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:40 am

i was thinking of bringing a little 80cc kids off road honda. (a non plated unregesterable bike) broken down into parts? do you think that is too cheeky?

marti

Post by marti » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

sqcpcg

Post by sqcpcg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:49 pm

marti wrote:The usual wisdom is that if you really have to bring in a moto, it has to be in pieces, disassembled and disguised. And you don't manifest the pieces as "motorcycle parts" you dummy!!! It's "menaje de casa."
I had a conversation with a friend from Brasil concerning importing used vehicles, and he told me that there they find a bike of similar make, size and vintage and remove the ID and Vin tags and attach them to the vehicle they want to import, and simply use the registration of the original bike. Would something like that fly in Chile?

marti

Post by marti » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:12 pm

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:52 pm

削除。
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 am

So were moving right along,
As liberating as it is to move, start a new phase, man its a bit stressful. And we have just begun.
We are in contact with T&T moving from Long beach (the one with Tito who lives on Easter Island), and another, just got into contact with them. We are not looking to depart until july/aug/sept. Dont know the exact cubic meters were looking to ship yet but I would like to settle on a shipper earlier than later. (I assume were probably commited to at least half a 20ft container)

we are NOT bringing a car
we are NOT bringing a TV (i have TV)
just household goods, beds, carpets, art , clothes, baby stuff (crib etc etc)
dining room table and chairs
I have 2 tool boxes , one stand alone and one bench top, and some nice mechanic hand tools???
bicycles
lots of books
computer
220v Vitamix if i can find one
or....
maybe it will be even less. I am realizing the less I own the better I feel, anyways I digress
fun fun fun
Already sold one of my classic cars , one more to go then the motorbikes (sad face), but then i get to buy a new one or ones once I am there.
thats all for now
until soon, cheers

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed May 20, 2015 2:05 pm

ciscocbc wrote: Already sold one of my classic cars , one more to go then the motorbikes (sad face), but then i get to buy a new one or ones once I am there.
thats all for now
until soon, cheers
"ciscocbc", I'm trying to get rid of my 39 Chevy,can you lead me to where can I post it for sale if you don't mind?
Had it advertised in Classic Auto Trader but no result so no idea where to advertise it..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Wed May 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Rickey-San,
thats a good question? I think cars get lost in Classic car, hard to stand out. Try craigslist, you can post in Sacramento, SF, and LA.
My Hudson I sold through ebay , because it was a obscure brand and i wanted more market reach.
I wish my 16 year old son would just take my Olds, which was my fathers car, buy hey kids these days dont have the same appreciation as we do.
Although my best advise to sell a classic car is , and you not going to like this, DROP THE PRICE!!!! I had to and it worked
Good luck

passport

Post by passport » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Looking over their website, I gotta ask myself - if USG is serious and based in the United States, why don't they bother to proof read their whole promotion before posting it? Doesn't give a good first impression.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 am

They control the cargo and keepm playing game.
Please, what does this mean?

chesswolf

Post by chesswolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Sorry folks. I've used the search feature and spent a few hours trying to find it on my own, but where can I find the actual link to the $5,000 exemption you get one time when you move to Chile? The actual extranjeria page would be very helpful and save me further stress. Thanks!