WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
ciscocbc

Re: WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

Post by ciscocbc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Hello,
I was wondering from peoples experience, is Tito from T&T shipping in Long beach still the recommended shipper from the west coast USA (we will be shipping from San Francisco)
Does he have offices in Chile?, that seems to be one of the biggest recommendations from the Admin to avoid extra costs and hassle. Planning to ship a vehicle and house hold.
Thanks Cisco

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:34 pm

ciscocbc wrote:Hello,
I was wondering from peoples experience, is Tito from T&T shipping in Long beach still the recommended shipper from the west coast USA (we will be shipping from San Francisco)
Does he have offices in Chile?, that seems to be one of the biggest recommendations from the Admin to avoid extra costs and hassle. Planning to ship a vehicle and house hold.
Thanks Cisco
When shipping vehicle, make sure it is "unregistered" Cl only accepts "brand new ones" and make sure to put less mileage on the Odo..
What type of vehicle are you planning to export? Just very curious due to being ex-Toyota~Lexus business.. Just noticed you posted---
(we will be shipping from San Francisco) if needing help just a holler,me retired so have lot of time to kill, thus can help a Chile bound
Expat for anything Auto related...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:38 pm

wife is a returning Chilean, thus can the vehicle be a used , say 2012 or newer model? My understanding is that she can import it tax free and that it would not deduct from our $5k household goods limit?
As per the model well not sure yet, maybe a king cab pick up type vehicle or a toyota 4 runner type, i will need to investigate what models are there so repairs and parts would be easier.

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:50 pm

the model i would really like to import though is my 54 old rocket 88, but that would be just crazy right :) :) :) :) :)

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

ciscocbc wrote:wife is a returning Chilean, thus can the vehicle be a used , say 2012 or newer model? My understanding is that she can import it tax free and that it would not deduct from our $5k household goods limit?
As per the model well not sure yet, maybe a king cab pick up type vehicle or a toyota 4 runner type, i will need to investigate what models are there so repairs and parts would be easier.
I believe the returning Chileans can bring in Used/New vehicles tax free..4Runners are sold there but compact Tacoma trucks are not.
I wouldn't worry too much about "repairs" on a Toyota name plate..All Toyotas are built with reliability,dependability,duarability in hand
thus Toyota world leader as Auto manufacturer..Our good name plate bringing repeat buyers.For instance, 4Runners Auto trans fluid no needing to replace and if you do, it will be after least many hundread thousand miles.Also, did you know that such things as Tune-Ups are
virtually non needed on Toyotas? Just routine oil/filter changes, brake pads,tires,hoses etc ...

marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Post by marti » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:54 pm

ciscocbc wrote:the model i would really like to import though is my 54 old rocket 88, but that would be just crazy right :) :) :) :) :)
Yeah, so is my 39 Chevy 2 door ! Hate to leave it behind when making the move to possible Chile..!

marti

Post by marti » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:02 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Meant as new vehicle no Tacoma in Toyota.Cl catalogue however..

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Marti , parts and spares 5x the price compared to the us. Is that only for the Tundra model or Toyotas in general?

marti

Post by marti » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:55 pm

ciscocbc

Post by ciscocbc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Thank you Marti, Good stuff to keep in mind. I have thought with the same mindset with certain motorbike models so i understand exacly what your getting at.
cheers