WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
HybridAmbassador

Re: WARNING: Chile shipping companies and door to door

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I can not find the name of Chilean shipper located in L.A. USA, I remember, someone in this forum noticed his family name and said he was from Easter Island and from Samoan descent?
He is well connected to L.A. Chilean consulate and regarded very high as to be very price agreeable and reputable?
Lookes in search to vain..Need to be planning to start shipping Car,and other Homegoods goods soon I believe.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:31 pm

nwdiver wrote:I have used Williams Moving International, door to door to and from Chile twice, there were no surprises or hidden costs and door to door was just that, this was for household goods and only a partial container both ways (3/4 of a 20 ft container). Cost was about $3800 USD.
Hi nwdiver"-San, Long no talk er, write to you! Do you know if this _Williams Moving Intl_ has a sucursal here in USoA
in CA state? I still want to locate that Chilean aborigenes Shipper that is well recommended in this board but can not find his name or contact, even searchin' in _Search All Chile_ I think he was located in Los Angeles and had connection to the Chilean Consulate in L.A. ? Any comment on that ? if please do so, much obliged !

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 pm

HybridAmbassador :
> Do you know if this _Williams Moving Intl_ has a sucursal here in USoA
in CA state?

Apparently only in Canada:

International Moving Company – International Movers in Vancouver and Calgary.
<http://www.williamsmoving.com/international_moves.html>

john

Post by john » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 am

HybridAmbassador wrote:I can not find the name of Chilean shipper located in L.A. USA, I remember, someone in this forum noticed his family name and said he was from Easter Island and from Samoan descent?
He is well connected to L.A. Chilean consulate and regarded very high as to be very price agreeable and reputable?
Lookes in search to vain..Need to be planning to start shipping Car,and other Homegoods goods soon I believe.
The shipper is T&T Moving Delivery&Storage, 1345 Seabright Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90813 (Phone number: 562-951-3337). The owner's name is Tito (sorry, can't remember his last name) who, as you indicated, is from Easter Island.

I used T&T Moving to ship my personal goods, on two different occasions, with excellent results. My contract with T&T included the pick-up of goods (I packed the boxes myself) from my home in Long Beach, customs clearance activities in Valparaíso, and subsequent delivery to my apartment in Viña del Mar.
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

john wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:I can not find the name of Chilean shipper located in L.A. USA, I remember, someone in this forum noticed his family name and said he was from Easter Island and from Samoan descent?
The shipper is T&T Moving Delivery&Storage, 1345 Seabright Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90813 (Phone number: 562-951-3337). The owner's name is Tito (sorry, can't remember his last name) who, as you indicated, is from Easter Island.

I used T&T Moving to ship my personal goods, on two different occasions, with excellent results. My contract with T&T included the pick-up of goods (I packed the boxes myself) from my home in Long Beach, customs clearance activities in Valparaíso, and subsequent delivery to my apartment in Viña del Mar.
Hello john-San.

Much obliged for your valuable info offered, I knew I read about this Easter Islander nice fellow from Chile doing business from USA to Chile. By the way, how large were the containers shipped? You mentioned in a few occasion..40 - 50 foot containers? Also, if you don't mind the "Price" of its size containers, from port to house delivery somewhere Santiago de Chile vecinity, let say for now, Val Paraiso~Vinya del Mar? I don't know where you reside so..Oh I miss-read, you do reside in Vinya.. So If you can not disclose money paid on your moving to chile, please PM me..

Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

john

Post by john » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
john wrote:

Hello john-San.

Much obliged for your valuable info offered, I knew I read about this Easter Islander nice fellow from Chile doing business from USA to Chile. By the way, how large were the containers shipped? You mentioned in a few occasion..40 - 50 foot containers? Also, if you don't mind the "Price" of its size containers, from port to house delivery somewhere Santiago de Chile vecinity, let say for now, Val Paraiso~Vinya del Mar? I don't know where you reside so..Oh I miss-read, you do reside in Vinya.. So If you can not disclose money paid on your moving to chile, please PM me..

Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!
My personal goods were consolidated (partial container) shipments as they did not contain any furniture or household appliances. Unfortunately, I can only locate the paperwork on the second shipment which was delivered in early June of this year. The particulars on that shipment are as follows:

Total cost = USD $2405.50

Breakdown:
Pick up of 35 cartons (various sizes) from my home in Long Beach, CA = USD$185.00
Ocean transport from Long Beach to Valparaíso - 3 cubic meters (@USD$350 per cubic meter) = USD$1050.00
Insurance coverage for declared value of USD$5000 (@USD$3.65 per USD$100 insured) = USD$182.50
Customs Clearance (Port services, Customs & SAG inspection, receiving, storage and dispatch) = USD$562.00
Inside delivery to my apartment in Viña del Mar = USD$426.00

Hope this helps!
--- Bertrand Russell

GJJIM

Post by GJJIM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm

john wrote: Ocean transport from Long Beach to Valparaíso - 3 cubic meters (@USD$350 per cubic meter) = USD$1050.00
Ouch -- I hope they discount for full containers. At that rate the bill for hauling a 20-footer would be over $13K USD!

For reference, we recently paid only $701 USD per cu meter for a door-door air freight shipment from the US to Europe.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 pm

john wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
john wrote:

Hello john-San.

Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!
My personal goods were consolidated (partial container) shipments as they did not contain any furniture or household appliances. Unfortunately, I can only locate the paperwork on the second shipment which was delivered in early June of this year. The particulars on that shipment are as follows:

Breakdown:
Pick up of 35 cartons (various sizes) from my home in Long Beach, CA = USD$185.00
Ocean transport from Long Beach to Valparaíso - 3 cubic meters (@USD$350 per cubic meter) = USD$1050.00
Insurance coverage for declared value of USD$5000 (@USD$3.65 per USD$100 insured) = USD$182.50
Customs Clearance (Port services, Customs & SAG inspection, receiving, storage and dispatch) = USD$562.00

Hope this helps!
Hi john-San.

Great info and your posted brewakdown of such helps me alot. So you mentioned as _partial Container_ Does it matter if size of container, be it 20,40 or 45ft containers or ? How large was that container you mentioned as beeing a partial container. or doesn't matter the size? was then weighted, or numbers of cartons,what it was really mattered? Did your Bill paid included all Chilean custom fees/ clearanace there in ValParaiso? I ask, 'cause I hear, Ex-Pats had pay extra to get their newly arrived goods off Chilean ports! So the agreed USD sum has been _Doubled_ by the time the goods delivered to their House/Apartments..
I will try and contact, this Tito Guy in Long Beach.

Much Obliged for your valuable info to me.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:10 pm

GJJIM wrote:
john wrote: Ocean transport from Long Beach to Valparaíso - 3 cubic meters (@USD$350 per cubic meter) = USD$1050.00
Ouch -- I hope they discount for full containers. At that rate the bill for hauling a 20-footer would be over $13K USD!

For reference, we recently paid only $701 USD per cu meter for a door-door air freight shipment from the US to Europe.
GJJIM-SAN, us$1050 VS us$701=usd$349.00, difference a GOOD chunk of change! But probably from CA ports that kind of deal is non-existent? Don't think it goes to USD$13k, I have never heard from anyone posting in AllChile.net, paid that much? But I'm Gingerly thinking!?

john

Post by john » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
john wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
john wrote:

Hello john-San.

Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

Breakdown:

Hope this helps!
Hi john-San.

Great info and your posted brewakdown of such helps me alot. So you mentioned as _partial Container_ Does it matter if size of container, be it 20,40 or 45ft containers or ? How large was that container you mentioned as beeing a partial container. or doesn't matter the size? was then weighted, or numbers of cartons,what it was really mattered? Did your Bill paid included all Chilean custom fees/ clearanace there in ValParaiso? I ask, 'cause I hear, Ex-Pats had pay extra to get their newly arrived goods off Chilean ports! So the agreed USD sum has been _Doubled_ by the time the goods delivered to their House/Apartments..
I will try and contact, this Tito Guy in Long Beach.

Much Obliged for your valuable info to me.
Glad my input was helpful! Frankly, I have no idea how much T&T charges for container shipments as I never asked them since I had no such requirement. What I do know is that the costing structure was based on cubic space (i.e. weight does not matter) which I believe is a shipping industry standard. Yes, my bill did cover door-door delivery. BTW, the cost for delivery of the goods to my apartment assumed that the port of entry would be San Antonio; however, don't know (or care) which port of entry was actually used.
--- Bertrand Russell

john

Post by john » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

GJJIM wrote:

Please reference my latest post to Hybrid. Congrats, sounds like you got a good air freight deal!
--- Bertrand Russell

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:12 pm

john wrote:
GJJIM wrote:

Please reference my latest post to Hybrid. Congrats, sounds like you got a good air freight deal!
Oh my, so I miss readed GJJIM-post! USD$701.00 and _Air frieght_instead of ocean freight, Dubious, Dubious reply this figure....