MOVING TO CHILE

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Anciano

Re: MOVING TO CHILE

Post by Anciano » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks for the answers friends. I must be clear, the odometer says 300,000 and it would help to cheapen import fees. However, worn out it is not. Before I left Maine I completely rebuilt the entire suspension and steering systems. I also completely overhauled the rear end differential. I am now overhauling the engine. It drives like an absolutely brand new Jeep and rides like one too. There is nothing worn out about it. I may have some success selling it to an expat heading north. Again, I appreciate the speedy replies. It is always helpful to get quick answers to important questions. Thanks.

Inshaf

Re: MOVING TO CHILE first time

Post by Inshaf » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I am coming to chile next week that is 9 of march 2013, and I am coming to Iquique hoping to set foot on a import business, I have never been to chile so am a bit scared how its gonna going to go etc: I am leaving my baby and wife back home for the time being, I have not looked for any accom in iquique for time, hope I can find it while I am there, I would like to meet lot of people while I am around there, please shed me some light about iquique, I am hoping for ur replies

Groschi

Re: MOVING TO CHILE first time

Post by Groschi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Inshaf wrote:I am coming to chile next week that is 9 of march 2013, and I am coming to Iquique hoping to set foot on a import business, I have never been to chile so am a bit scared how its gonna going to go etc: I am leaving my baby and wife back home for the time being, I have not looked for any accom in iquique for time, hope I can find it while I am there, I would like to meet lot of people while I am around there, please shed me some light about iquique, I am hoping for ur replies
what age are you?
do you do drugs?
I think we'd all love to meet you in person!

Tom_Poland

Post by Tom_Poland » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:49 am

Hi

I have a question - can I drive a car in Chile if I only have a Polish driver's licence? Or do I have to pass some sort of a test when here?

kind regards

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 am

You can drive on your Polish license as long as you remain a tourist. After that you need to get a local license. Yes, there are tests run by the municipality where you live. Proof that you completed primary school is required. If you use the search function here, many threads on the subject will pop up.

Chels.cottonbud

Post by Chels.cottonbud » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with addresses as well. I was hoping someone could verify my example address is correct:

Name
AV Los Carreras 600
Los Ángeles, Región XIII
Chile

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Chels.cottonbud wrote:Hi guys, I'm having trouble with addresses as well. I was hoping someone could verify my example address is correct:

Name
AV Los Carreras 600
Los Ángeles, Región XIII
Chile

It's correct.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

tracynurse

Post by tracynurse » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:49 am

I am a nurse in the U.S. looking to relocate to Chile. I don't speek Spanish but I am a quick learner. I so badly want to move to Chile yet I know nothing about the waged or employment opportunities. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

bert.douglas

Post by bert.douglas » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:21 am

tracynurse wrote:I am a nurse in the U.S. looking to relocate to Chile. I don't speek Spanish but I am a quick learner. I so badly want to move to Chile yet I know nothing about the waged or employment opportunities. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?
Read the wiki. Use the search function. Expect Gloria to throw cold water on your plans.

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 am

Chile is a nice place to visit, but very difficult if you want to accomplish anything, unless you have PITUTO! (connections)
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:41 am

bert.douglas wrote: Expect Gloria to throw cold water on your plans.
:lol: :lol: Correction,..expect Gloria to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God! :alien:
On the other hand, If you want to hear bullshit, I'm good at it as well and I can also pitch in for a nice property with a lake view in the middle of the Atacama desert I have for sale.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

rocksana

Post by rocksana » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:34 am

Gloria wrote:
bert.douglas wrote: Expect Gloria to throw cold water on your plans.
:lol: :lol: Correction,..expect Gloria to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God! :alien:
On the other hand, If you want to hear bullshit, I'm good at it as well and I can also pitch in for a nice property with a lake view in the middle of the Atacama desert I have for sale.

It's always fun to read your comments Gloria, even if the subject doesn't concern me :)