Formulario 10 for Visa - Can it be done online?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
alextrombone

Formulario 10 for Visa - Can it be done online?

Post by alextrombone » Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Hello.

I have to pay an “orden de giro” for something to related to my visa. It’s a document with “Tesorería General de la Republica” at the top. Now, the last time I paid one of these I went to a ServiEstado. I just wanted to know if it’s possible to pay these online? I thought maybe they might have made this possible in this strange time.

fraggle092

Re: Formulario 10 for Visa - Can it be done online?

Post by fraggle092 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 pm

If you obtain a Claveúnica you should be able to pay online. Its a very useful thing to have as it seems to work on most government sites. Only problem - you have to visit the Registro Civil first to obtain it. :(

But the Tesorería site is a mess.....good luck.

Otherwise any bank should accept these payments. That's how I used to pay Contribuciones.

And according to this, it is possible to pay online. But I still think you will need the Claveúnica.

Con este avance, los extranjeros podrán pagar directamente los impuestos y/o multas dispuestas por el Departamento de Extranjería y Migración, dependiente del Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública, a través del botón de pago dispuesto por la Tesorería General de la República (TGR), en el sitio web de Extranjería. Esta medida ahorrará tiempo y hará más fáciles los trámites a más de 18 mil personas en el corto plazo.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat May 16, 2020 11:18 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 pm

But the Tesorería site is a mess.....good luck.

It's a piece of shit alright, that's fairly standard for most government sites I have found , they seem to make it very difficult for people to pay them , I would have thought that would have been priority . The site was working ok for me up till end of 2019, then they did something and I have never been able to log in again., I have been multiple times to the office in Puerto Montt and tried to sort out , but being Jan and Feb it was only the junior's in the office and their advice was limited. I still cant log in despite multiple password resets. They can come find me if they want their money , I've got it but they wont let me give it to them, Im not going anywhere near Puerto Montt for a very long time I dont think.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:24 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:18 am

It's a piece of shit alright, that's fairly standard for most government sites I have found , they seem to make it very difficult for people to pay them , I would have thought that would have been priority . The site was working ok for me up till end of 2019, then they did something and I have never been able to log in again., I have been multiple times to the office in Puerto Montt and tried to sort out , but being Jan and Feb it was only the junior's in the office and their advice was limited. I still cant log in despite multiple password resets. They can come find me if they want their money , I've got it but they wont let me give it to them, Im not going anywhere near Puerto Montt for a very long time I dont think.
** Don´t forget that they charge interest by the day on late payments **

First they stopped issuing Contribuciones statements. But it was still possible to find them on Tesoreria's site, print them off and pay them in a bank. Then they only allowed this after logging in. But now it seems they only accept online payments, and only after logging in. But my TGR clave doesn´t work any more. And neither of my valid SII claves ever worked. But in April last, the Claveúnica, obtained by chance, did work. So that´s my current solution.

Since they can seize a property for non-payment after I think 3 years, the onus is on the owner, they have no incentive to make the process any easier. The true face of local Bureaucracy.
Pago de Contribuciones en Línea - TGR.png
Pago de Contribuciones en Línea - TGR.png (42.71 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Mon May 18, 2020 10:42 am

I managed to do it in person at a ServiEstado. It’s like they make things deliberately complicated so you have to leave your house.