Chile: second run

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
GAminer

Re: Chile: second run

Post by GAminer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:52 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:08 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 am
Actually, I really appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with SII terms of getting the ball rolling (inicio de actividades). I'll start soon, but I'm a bit unsure in terms of what to expect.
I did that a long time ago (2011). I don't remember much, other than it not being very difficult (time waiting in line was probably the biggest issue, since it must be done in person). The important part is also getting a "clave" in order to have an account and be able to log in at the SII's website for all your tax related issues (such as creating "boletas" and tax declarations, both monthly and annually). Also be sure to go to the SII office that has jurisdiction over where you live, if you're in Las Condes you need to go to one that provides services to residents of that comuna......at least that's the problem I once had when I went to the SII office in Providencia, they saw my address and said that I had to go to the office in La Florida.

Sorry I can't help much more.
You can do it all online now. I did it 2 years ago, boletas a honorarios, but do not remember the exact steps. The place I was working at walked me through the steps.

tiagoabner

Re: Chile: second run

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:28 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:08 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 am
Actually, I really appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with SII terms of getting the ball rolling (inicio de actividades). I'll start soon, but I'm a bit unsure in terms of what to expect.
I did that a long time ago (2011). I don't remember much, other than it not being very difficult (time waiting in line was probably the biggest issue, since it must be done in person). The important part is also getting a "clave" in order to have an account and be able to log in at the SII's website for all your tax related issues (such as creating "boletas" and tax declarations, both monthly and annually). Also be sure to go to the SII office that has jurisdiction over where you live, if you're in Las Condes you need to go to one that provides services to residents of that comuna......at least that's the problem I once had when I went to the SII office in Providencia, they saw my address and said that I had to go to the office in La Florida.

Sorry I can't help much more.
This is actually quite helpful. Thanks.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.