Chile: second run

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
GAminer

Re: Chile: second run

Post by GAminer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:02 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:57 pm
I believe you're right. I'll create an account at Reserva de Horas PDI and give it a shot.
Maybe you can luckout and get a reservation for all 3 in the same day.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:39 am

I have asked for a time with PDI on November 27 to register my visa, and I haven't heard from them ever since. Does anybody know how long does it take for them to schedule you a time?

I've double checked on their website already to make sure I hadn't missed an email from them, and my wife is in the same situation.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

mem

Post by mem » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am

I guess this appointment for PdI thing must be specific to the high throughput regions. My pdi is in villarrica and there is still no appointment system. Still just walk in during business hours.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:14 pm

mem wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am
I guess this appointment for PdI thing must be specific to the high throughput regions. My pdi is in villarrica and there is still no appointment system. Still just walk in during business hours.
I believe that's the case, but my research led me to believe that it can only be done in the region where you live.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:41 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:39 am
I have asked for a time with PDI on November 27 to register my visa, and I haven't heard from them ever since. Does anybody know how long does it take for them to schedule you a time?

I've double checked on their website already to make sure I hadn't missed an email from them, and my wife is in the same situation.
My friend received his reservation about a month and a half after registering on the wait list.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 pm

I finally got my PDI appointment. It showed in the system yesterday and it's for Monday afternoon. I also got the notification email yesterday, and it worked the same way for my wife.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it all wrapped up soon. I'll write a detailed post with dates and timeframes after all is said and done.