What would you want with land in Chile ?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Gloria

Re: What would you want with land in Chile ?

Post by Gloria » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 pm

41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:47 pm
Gloria wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm
You got me there Buckwheat! :shock: Now I have no idea of what the hell we were talking about..... I lost my train of thought......did you take your medication? :lol: .....is just a joke.
Hahahah, no I forgot to take it today, no I kind of meant like I want to do something. I sort of know what, but it's only on a local level, but it may start something bigger. I'm not aiming to be president of Chile or anything like that, but I reckon I can do some more things in Llanquihue, it's only got 16000 people in the community, so it's small enough to try stuff, if it doesn't work out ah well, I'll do something else , if it does, who knows ? stir things up a bit. Anyway as I say watch this space. Saludos.
You got one day pass from rehab, forget to take your pills and this is what happens! Just kidding! :D Soooo....are you aspiring for a political position of some kind? From a farmer to a developer to......?? You fill in the blank.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 am

In,
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:15 am

Regarding the topic: I want a megalith in one of the common areas or plazas oriented to the seasons so pagans can worship the equinoxes. Especially like tomorrow which is the first day of winter/longest night of the year/shortest day of the year/when the sun will reverse and begin its southward march (coastal people are familiar with this)/etc. :alien:
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:40 am

Peaceful
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 am

Happy winter Solstice. Celebrations involving bonfires are prohibited in the metropolitan area due to the current Alerta Ambiental
Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 am

Breathtakingly

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 pm

41southchile wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 am
How many people do you think die each year prematurely from air pollution or develop respiratory problems in Santiago ?
Plenty, I would guess the real extent of the problem is under-reported. But even in places where atmospheric contamination shouldn't be an issue, it is. In La Serena, since around 2000, we have seen a big increase in diesel soot.The elderly buses (pre-amarillos) that were prohibited in Santiago ended up en provincia, where they happily belch out black fumes to this day. (so much for the Revisión Técnica!) It doesnt help that low-sulphur diesel ciudad is only sold in Santiago. And since it hardly rains here, the soot stays in circulation.The effects of PM 2.5 particles on human health are well known, but the environmentalists are strangely silent on this issue.

Less well-known are its effects on electronics...my pbx pc that had run for 8 years non-stop recently failed, and wouldn't reboot. Ended up pulling it completely apart, and found that the normally-hidden area of the motherboard under the CPU heatsink was covered with black clingy soot, which is mainly Carbon, hence conductive. It wouldn't brush or blow off. Had to wash it off with alcohol to get the machine going again.
Après moi, le déluge

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
You are aware of what happened in Aysén with the $100.000 annual bono doled out by the government to allow the needy to buy dry wood?
http://www.revistaei.cl/2018/06/05/ayse ... aminacion/
They use the bono to buy iPhones and more shoes?
Gloria wrote: The fact in part is lot of ignorance, on the other, priorities are "confused" thinking a car comes first, the latest cellular, the big tv, and brand name clothing.
'la intendenta reconoce que muchas familias lo usan para comprar alimentos'

“La gente quema hasta plástico para calefaccionarse. Y me dicen que en Coyhaique queman ropa y zapatos viejos”, explica la intendenta.

http://www.revistaei.cl/2018/06/05/ayse ... aminacion/

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm
They use the bono to buy iPhones and more shoes?
The point is that the money wasn't used for its intended purpose, to reduce contamination.

Speaking of shoes.... perhaps you remember the clothing bonos handed out after the Valpo fires....
"Si una persona determina que es más importante comprarse un zapato bueno, de la mejor calidad que hay, también es válido. Es parte de la decisión que toma cada uno", añadió.

Sin embargo el intendente hizo un hincapié: "Si compraran dos o tres pares de zapatos para después venderlos, eso sería reprochable moralmente".
So was OK for the "damnificados" to buy Nikes and football shirts with government aid money, but not to resell them.

http://www.eleconomistaamerica.cl/actua ... ental.html

As for burning plastic, they sometimes do it here in Serena at night, when the inspectors aren't around. Reason? People are too cheap to pay the small municipal charge for refuse collection, and burn household rubbish in their patios, or dump their waste into other people's bins. Or load up the camioneta and dispose of it in the countryside.
Après moi, le déluge

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Does it means we are part of the "league" of whining "expats" and self-hating Chileans?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Gloria wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 pm
Does it means we are part of the "league" of whining "expats" and self-hating Chileans?
Speaking for myself, If I were Chilean, I guess I would be a facho pobre.
But I guess I'm just an expat whiner.
Whine, whine.
Après moi, le déluge

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:47 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Speaking of shoes.... perhaps you remember the clothing bonos handed out after the Valpo fires....

"Si una persona determina que es más importante comprarse un zapato bueno, de la mejor calidad que hay, también es válido. Es parte de la decisión que toma cada uno", añadió.

Sin embargo el intendente hizo un hincapié: "Si compraran dos o tres pares de zapatos para después venderlos, eso sería reprochable moralmente".

So was OK for the "damnificados" to buy Nikes and football shirts with government aid money, but not to resell them.

As for burning plastic, they sometimes do it here in Serena at night, ......
Your examples are not really related to the topic. The first one is a bit closer, but the second one is unrelated.
The point is that the money wasn't used for its intended purpose, to reduce contamination.
Then the problem is on the solutions presented by the government, not what the people did. Their behaviour is perfectly reasonable. They need to balance their need for food with the need to stay warm, and taking some of the money to buy food seems quite reasonable.