Pensionado visa

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Pensionado visa

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Worse situation, have hubby obtain a Haitian passport perhaps way less than a $1000 USD if you make the right connections with the traffickers.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Admin: I've sent a private message but got no reply. I've tried contacting Spencer but I only get automated answers that don't apply to my needs. How can I contact somebody in your company via my email, please?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:16 pm
Worse situation, have hubby obtain a Haitian passport perhaps way less than a $1000 USD if you make the right connections with the traffickers.
Too much trouble. He would've to paint his body black and learn to speak creole like the rest of the "jungle bunnies".
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes, visa would be for my British husband.
My plan is to get a Mercosur visa but I can't bring my container to Chile with such a visa when I'm moving from USA (info given by Consulate) God knows whether that's correct or not. Checking with Customs now...
Admin: Thanks for all the info. I've sent you a private message a few days ago about best means to contact Spencer.I only get automated replies from them. How can I get in touch with somebody who works for that company?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Try to scroll down a bit, to the end of the page. Admin's business contacts are written in a 72-size font at the bottom of all forum pages, including the email. It's quite hard to miss.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi, Tiagoabner
In fact, I did scroll down and emailed twice to that address... As mentioned before I did get two automated replies...
BY NOW I'M QUITE FED UP WITH PEOPLE'S SARCASM HERE. IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE BEING NICE, POLITE AND HELPFUL JUST IGNORE REQUESTS FOR HELP BUT THERE'S NO NEED TO BE PATRONIZING OR TO PUT EVEN MORE STRESS ON PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY UNDERGOING A HUGE AMOUNT OF STRESS.
My only intention when registering on this site was to benefit from other people's experiences and to contribute as much as possible (I've posted info on registering mobiles, etc and my plan was to continue sharing info as I obtain it myself)
Once again: BIG THANKS for the help I've received so far. As for the rest of the comments and irony, as we say in Argentina: "Metanselos en el culo!"

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Tranquila. He'll see your post in the morning I'm sure. Because is summer here, he may not be at his post and the employees may be in vacation. This is a difficult time to contact anyone. We are all in a leasure mood this time of the year.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Yikes, it is Feb and the Santiago flaite invasion of the central coast will be in full effect starting tomorrow!!

Sorry GMH if my posts are annoying in a country with an annoying bureaucracy and an annoying general work ethic.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:01 am

GabyMH wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm
I'm just sharing with you info I've just received from visa lawyers in Chile confirming they're now requesting an amount of US$50,000/year/person to grant pensionados visas (confirming what the Consulate in USA told us) Chilean law firm also stated bank account statements aren't valid at all. You must be able to present the last 3 pension slips.
I'm not trying to contradict what Admin posted! I'm just sharing this info with you. Things are more than confusing and stressful :0(
Spanish "No lucrativa" visa for rentiers is $30k/yr and +$8k for each additional family member.
Uruguayan and Central American rentier visas are about $1.5–2k/mo, i.e. $24k/yr.
$50k/yr in Chile would be ridiculous.

If you are going to ask Chilean officials, Extranjería's hotline should be more useful than embassies but I'd just go with recommended $1,000/mo because (no flattering) admin can work as a minister of immigration at this point.

Also there's no "pensionado" visa, only "jubilados y rentistas".

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:10 am

GabyMH wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm
Hi, Tiagoabner
In fact, I did scroll down and emailed twice to that address... As mentioned before I did get two automated replies...
BY NOW I'M QUITE FED UP WITH PEOPLE'S SARCASM HERE. IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE BEING NICE, POLITE AND HELPFUL JUST IGNORE REQUESTS FOR HELP BUT THERE'S NO NEED TO BE PATRONIZING OR TO PUT EVEN MORE STRESS ON PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY UNDERGOING A HUGE AMOUNT OF STRESS.
My only intention when registering on this site was to benefit from other people's experiences and to contribute as much as possible (I've posted info on registering mobiles, etc and my plan was to continue sharing info as I obtain it myself)
Once again: BIG THANKS for the help I've received so far. As for the rest of the comments and irony, as we say in Argentina: "Metanselos en el culo!"
All relevant info has been provided to you already, and all of your questions have been answered as well. Admin even went out of his way to provide you a detailed description of what needs to be done regarding the container, with no charge. And yet you continue to create 1/2 new topics per week to ask questions related to the same matter, instead of posting all on the same topic.

This forum isn't a kindergarden (at least most of the time...). No one is going to take you by the hand and walk you through the steps needed for your visa, or at least not for free. Five seconds at Google will score you Admin's website, which has a handy contact form and all of his contact information. All you can do is to send him a message and hope he answers you. However, his company is really busy and it's reasonable to assume they may take some time to answer new business leads during the major vacation period in the country. It is also reasonable to assume that, as with any business, he reserves the right to offer or deny service to whoever he sees fit, and no one's entitled an answer when contacting a private business.

So you can sit down, take a deep breath, twiddle your fingers and hope he answers your questions. Or, since you're so proudly Argentinean, you can also Google the contact of the government offices that provide whatever service you need and contact them yourself. You know, the way people do when they want to get something done.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:26 pm

GabyMH, The meaning of "Metanselos en el culo!" is vaguely, no precisely translated as, " Up your ass" to all forumites trying to help you?
Que sinverguenza sois...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm

An Argie-Shhiiile thing I surmise :P

--eeuunikkeiexpat