tax exemption with visa inversionista

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Post Reply
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

tax exemption with visa inversionista

Post by marchukav » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Hello everybody

I am at the moment have a container with my stuff in san antonio and customs agent said that with visa inversionista that I have - I can not get tax exemption. and have to pay almost 30% import tax. He said that its only for employment visa.

Can anyone advise and give a link to the law about this


User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 17546
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile

Re: tax exemption with visa inversionista

Post by admin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 pm

There is no tax exemption for an investors visa of any sort.

There is a one time 5,000 u.s. exemption for new resident and it has to be exactly durring you temp residency. Not while the application is pending. Not after perm residency is granted. You also need a private custums agent that knows how to process the paperwork.

FYI, how ever you got that investor visa, you better contact another attorney to double check your "investment plan" as they are regularly rejected at nearly a 100% rate at the perment residency phase. Easy to get temp residency. Very very hard to get permant residency if your buisness is not making real, easy to understand, money in the second year. You just made some secretary at immigration with no education or biz experience your partner.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply