container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Post Reply
marchukav
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by marchukav » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hello everybody

Can someone help advise. My 40-feet container with furniture and stuff will arrive to San Antonio soon and I have a departamento in Las Condes in Santiago.
Are there any restrictions about moving a truck with the container in the streets of Las Condes? Some people say that it can move only in night hours.
Who had that experience?

Thanks

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by admin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 pm

40 foot in los condes?

Are you sure the shipping company is not going to make you transfer the contents to a truck or several trucks?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2761
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by nwdiver » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:10 pm

admin wrote:40 foot in los condes?

Are you sure the shipping company is not going to make you transfer the contents to a truck or several trucks?

The easy way is to get a moving company to......as the admin says move it into a truck, you oversee the transfer then move it from the port to your house, much easier than moving a container.........
It's all about the wine.

Donnybrook
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3044
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by Donnybrook » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 am

I've lived in LC for years and never seen a container truck on even the main roads. This is what I can find for large trucks moving within the Americo Vespucio ring road with weights and dimensions. I just glanced.

http://www.transportescucha.cl/faq/preg ... rga-2.html

marchukav
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by marchukav » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:07 am

thank you for answers

the customs broker told that its not a problem to bring container to LC - even where its prohibited for trucks - you can do it in night hours.

the problem is that I have everything arranged only till the port of San Antonio and after should sort things out by myself. So in order to bring it in trucks I need to find some warehouse as a transshipment - am I right?

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by admin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

marchukav wrote:
the problem is that I have everything arranged only till the port of San Antonio and after should sort things out by myself. So in order to bring it in trucks I need to find some warehouse as a transshipment - am I right?
yea, I had that thought when you first posted. That is where things are going to get complicated.

We have never had a problem getting a container to the port in Chile. It is everything after that point.

Put this in perspective, I have trouble changing lanes in mid-size suv in los condes. Can not even imagine what it is like to try and change lanes with full size truck. People give the truckers in Chile a hard time, but they got a really hard job. I see a trucker in a forced lane change on the highways in Chile, I back off the traffic for them, and flash my lights. I sure would not want their job.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:54 pm

admin wrote:
marchukav wrote:
the problem is that I have everything arranged only till the port of San Antonio and after should sort things out by myself. So in order to bring it in trucks I need to find some warehouse as a transshipment - am I right?
yea, I had that thought when you first posted. That is where things are going to get complicated.

We have never had a problem getting a container to the port in Chile. It is everything after that point.

Put this in perspective, I have trouble changing lanes in mid-size suv in los condes. Can not even imagine what it is like to try and change lanes with full size truck. People give the truckers in Chile a hard time, but they got a really hard job. I see a trucker in a forced lane change on the highways in Chile, I back off the traffic for them, and flash my lights. I sure would not want their job.
I back off the traffic for them, and flash my lights.
admin, with more drivers like your self, there will be no road rage on our highways !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by admin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 pm

I have to admit, i enjoy forcing all the compact car morons to wait. After it is over they realize just how close they came to being a speed bump under the wheel of an 18 wheeler they were going to cut off.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

paladin
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: container delivery to Las Condes, Santiago

Post by paladin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 pm

marchukav wrote:Hello everybody

Can someone help advise. My 40-feet container with furniture and stuff will arrive to San Antonio soon and I have a departamento in Las Condes in Santiago.
Are there any restrictions about moving a truck with the container in the streets of Las Condes? Some people say that it can move only in night hours.
Who had that experience?

Thanks
When we moved to Chile, we got Decapack to handle everything from the arrival at the port to the delivery and unloading of the container at our house in Lo Barnechea. It went very smoothly, and they got it in with no import duties either.

Post Reply