RUT number & taking car out of Chile

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
oli_rouss

RUT number & taking car out of Chile

Post by oli_rouss » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi, I'm wondering whether my new Chilean RUT/Cedula number will be the same as the one I used to have? It was only about 5 years ago that I was last there but I'm not sure if they keep the same number if I only had residencia temporaria.

I also just read somewhere that if you're a tourist and you buy a car, you won't be allowed to take it out of Chile even if you have all the paperwork sou=rted out (I'm planning on doing a mini roadtrip around Chile and Argentina after I arrive). I've already arranged to view/buy a car with a friend of mine who lives in Stgo but I'd like to know if it's possible for me to take it to Argentina. So for example if my RUT on the car documents is the same as my temporary residency one I might be able to take it out of the country.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: RUT number & taking car out of Chile

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:11 pm

RUT will be the same as before. Remember it shifts from "vigente" to "no vigente" depending on your official residency status at any given moment.

admin will have to answer the tourist/own car/crossing into Argie question but if you are not an official resident with a valid carnet, you are still just a tourist.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat