importing container using foreign passport

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Enzo

Re: importing container using foreign passport

Post by Enzo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Does anyone know how much tax we are talking about anyway? Do they go by a percentage of what is claimed on the shipping list?

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Enzo wrote:Does anyone know how much tax we are talking about anyway? Do they go by a percentage of what is claimed on the shipping list?

It varies from IVA on used value to an accessed Lux tax which is much higher (this is on their experts valuation), I found it evened out as a table and 8 chairs I valued at $1000 USD, they accessed at $250 dollars at IVA rates, both were out as the accessor didn't know who Stickley was ;) ......... $4500 in used hand tools, I valued at $1500, assessed for $2000 by them and I paid IVA rates, get a good agent....... I brought in a full 40 foot container several years ago, no electronics at al seems to be the key, a 65 inch tv, computers and stereos tend to raise red flags, household furniture and a couple of appliances seem to be much easier.........
It's all about the wine.

sduranc

Post by sduranc » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello!

I'm not from Chile. I'm just trying to ship regularly to Chile. I opened an e-commerce business (not in Chile, but shipping to Chile only). Do you know by any chance if I need a RUT number for my items to be delivered to Chile? Can I just use any other identification number, like a passport number?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Sniff...sniff...spammer!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.