Shipping 1 cubic. Chile to UK.

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Dosedmonkey

Shipping 1 cubic. Chile to UK.

Post by Dosedmonkey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi everyone.

Hope your all well. So I've been back in UK for 7 months now. What a contrast.

And well got a single cubic of stuff to ship back to Chile, been quoted $1700 USD for it including aduana. Seems steep for the size, even if it is LCL (Less than Container Load).

Any recommendations on companies?

I can send almost everything back by air freight and excess baggage slowly. Only things would be some gym bits (too heavy) and a jewellers workshop table.

Its basically all the stuff I failed to get good prices for when trying to sell.

Jewellers Table
Elliptical machine.
Large LED TV (40" I think...)
Makita Circular Saw
Are main items if anyones interested, all basically brand new condition.

But more to point happy to ship it if anyone knows where would do me a reasonable price. Does DHL or someone do a cubic size sea freight?

UPDATE:
Got him down to 1,440 USD from Santiago to a UK port. Still a lot considering the contents I feel...

chilco

Re: Shipping 1 cubic. Chile to UK.

Post by chilco » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi, I've got a partial container load that I want to ship from way far south Chile to a port in Mexico. Not having much luck coming up with anyone who wants to deal with shipping household goods in a partial container load, because they know it's going to just be a one-off shipment.Can you let me know who you're getting quotes from for your shipment?
Thank you!

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:47 pm

GlobalPak. I feel they are over charging on quote. Currently waiting for quote from Southampton UK office that has partners in Chile.

Thete should be a lot of buisinesses that LCL (Less then container load) to mexico, try mexican import buisinesses too.

Also check LATAM cargo in Santiago. They have given me a VERY cheap quote for air freight. I was shocked in a good way.

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:20 pm

You also have the option of shipping by road too in your case. That could be cheaper in the mad way S. America works.

Is it west or east coast Mexico?

chilco

Post by chilco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the info. I didn't think of land freight because I just thought ocean would be cheaper. But yes, good idea. I'll look into it. Mexico west coast, probably the port of Manzanillo.
It would be easier if my things were in Santiago, but I had to go and fall in love with Patagonia :roll:

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Just got quote shipping from Chile to UK from UK company.

Valpariso to my house door. £660. Of which £240 ship and £145 truck delivery costs.
Santiago to Valpriso £1000 of which £450 truck costs (half UK truck distance).....

Would try a land freight company, hopefully they'll be more reasonable...

chilco

Post by chilco » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Ouch! I see Chile is still pricey! Mexico definitely has an advantage on that end! Will check out land freight, thanks!

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Thw advantage of land freight is I feel the sea freight agents in Chile have a monopoly, hence massively over charging on just getting drom Santiago to port, as they have the port contacts and know.