How long does it take for your permanent residency application to appear on the system?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
alextrombone

How long does it take for your permanent residency application to appear on the system?

Post by alextrombone » Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 am

Hi, simple question.

In your own experiences, how long has it taken for your “Solicitud de permanencia definitiva” to appear on the system? It’s been more than the “45 días hábiles ” since I first applied, but I’m seeing nothing on consultas.extranjería

Thanks.

bones

Re: How long does it take for your permanent residency application to appear on the system?

Post by bones » Thu May 27, 2021 10:41 am

I applied pre-estallido social and pre-pandemic.

Paperwork submitted online June 30, 2019.

Status updated to "etapa de analisis" on January 13, 2020.

Certificate available on May 17, 2021. Still waiting for the electronic stamp.

I didn't really start checking online until after it had entered the "etapa de analisis". Progress was at 90% for the longest time. On May 17 I checked again and it had advanced to 95% saying the certificate was in the process of being generated. I was able to get the certificate that same day.

I assume it will update to 100% once the electronic stamp is available. I've heard that can take another several weeks or months.

alextrombone

Re: How long does it take for your permanent residency application to appear on the system?

Post by alextrombone » Thu May 27, 2021 12:43 pm

OK, so it’s look like I’ve got a while to go yet.

Thank you!

bones

Post by bones » Thu May 27, 2021 7:19 pm

It could very well be in the system, but not showing up on the website. I noticed that the date of resolution on my certificate says 7/29/2020 which I assume is the date it got approved. But the status didn't change on the website until last week.