Internet Connection

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
tiagoabner

Re: Internet Connection

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 pm

I believe VTR has updated my internet speed once again. As far as I recall, my landlord has updated it to 100 MB two years ago, and they delivered 200 MB while charging for 100. We went back and forth with them, but they were 100% sure they were right, so it stayed that way. Now it's going up to 600. I'll check with him just in case to see if there have been any pricing changes, but I don't really mind paying the extra if service stays as good as it has been.

tiagoabner

Re: Internet Connection

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Actually, I've just checked my bill. It's listed as 30 MB, with a free upgrade to 400 MB, with 600 MB being delivered, and it's billed as 100 MB. So yeah, someone on VTR screwed up royally when setting up my plan, but they haven't heard us when we first complained that we were being underbilled two years ago, and I'm not going to give them another call.