Revalidating university degree for a driver's license

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Maker42

Revalidating university degree for a driver's license

Post by Maker42 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 pm

It appears I need more documentation to get a driver's license in this country than I needed for permanent residency. The ministry of education no longer services the revalidation of degrees. It MUST go through the University of Chile (or so claims at least two desktop tyrants in the "ministry") This is from:

http://www.uchile.cl/portal/presentacio ... validacion

On how to apply to get your degree validated so you can get a driver's license:

Sending of the required documents in digital format by means of our electronic mail only available for this function: ingresarevalidacion@uchile.cl. The mailing must be in a single email, indicating in the subject its name-title and country, in an orderly manner.

Diploma of Degree or Degree in original (apostilled or legalized by the competent authorities of the country of origin of the degree or degree, the consulate or embassy of Chile in that country and by the corresponding Chilean authorities:

http://www.minrel.gov.cl/). If the document is extended in a foreign language, it requires official translation.

Concentration of grades or marks obtained in each subject or curricular activity, indicating the scale with precision of the maximum and minimum grade of approval in original (apostilled or legalized by the competent authorities of the country of origin of the degree or degree, the consulate or embassy of Chile in that country and by the corresponding Chilean authorities: http://www.minrel.gov.cl/) If the document is extended in a foreign language, it requires official translation.

Curriculum with indication of its duration or workload in original (original apostilled or legalized by the competent authorities of the country of origin of the degree or degree, the consulate or embassy of Chile in that country and by the corresponding Chilean authorities: http: / /www.minrel.gov.cl/) If the document is extended in a foreign language, it requires official translation.

Descriptive programs of the content of the subjects studied. It does not need to be legalized. If it is extended in a foreign language, it requires simple translation.

Curriculum vitae

Photocopy of the identity card or passport

Declaration of qualification for the professional practice of the applicant in the country that grants the degree or degree, endorsed by the respective consulate, when applicable (original legalized by the competent authorities of the country of origin of the degree or degree, the Chilean consulate or embassy) in that country and by the corresponding Chilean authorities: http://www.minrel.gov.cl/). If the document is extended in a foreign language, it requires official translation.

Application form

Wow. They didn't even ask me for a detailed record of brushing my teeth for the last 20 years. I guess they're getting slack.

tiagoabner

Re: Revalidating university degree for a driver's license

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Wasn't there a way to get the driver's license through some kind of elementary school test? "Octavo basico" or something like that? That sounded like a lot less loops to jump if you are not going to need to use your degree for something else.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Ha,ha,haa an Octavo basico is too much for foreigners, won't pass the test. It is easier to jumping the loops and certify their diplomas. Or get a Spanish EU citizenship then supplant Spain's DL for the Chileno ones..Es mas facil !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

StrawberryHeartsForever

Post by StrawberryHeartsForever » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 pm

I did the octavo basico test...all four of them by mistake. You only actually need to the one test " para fines laborales" and that is a much easier option than all the hoops you have to jump through to get your degree legalised. You just need to go to your local Mineduc with a photocopy of your cedula and apply to take the test. The one test they give you 90 mins to complete but its easily done in 20 minutes.

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 am

StrawberryHeartsForever wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 pm
I did the octavo basico test...all four of them by mistake. You only actually need to the one test " para fines laborales" and that is a much easier option than all the hoops you have to jump through to get your degree legalised. You just need to go to your local Mineduc with a photocopy of your cedula and apply to take the test. The one test they give you 90 mins to complete but its easily done in 20 minutes.
I don't suppose they offer an English language version?

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 pm

You're not too far from Vina, right? They used to accept your foreign licence in lieu of the education certificate and didn't ask for any proof of residence, just a local address. Might be worth a try...

StrawberryHeartsForever

Post by StrawberryHeartsForever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm

No, the test is in spanish. I do know a lot of people going to viña to take the test using just a foreign license and this is accepted as proof of education.

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm
No, the test is in spanish. I do know a lot of people going to viña to take the test using just a foreign license and this is accepted as proof of education.
How much Chilean history and literature would you recommend studying before the test?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am

Ask any 8th grade scholar. They should ( :roll: ) be able to guide you.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

StrawberryHeartsForever

Post by StrawberryHeartsForever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Maker42 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm
How much Chilean history and literature would you recommend studying before the test?
That is hard to say, I didn´t get any questions on literature or history as such, there was an obscure question about syndicates, but it is very much common sense to be honest. It is multiple choice! You can get some of the test papers on line to try out and some study papers here:

https://epja.mineduc.cl/validacion-de-e ... aminacion/

To apply to take the test around June you need to apply from the 26th Feb at your local Mineduc offices. And be quick as the slots get taken quickly!