How fair is the U.S. election?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

zaebis

Re: How fair is the U.S. election?

Post by zaebis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 pm

john wrote: Yes, Romney would create a lot of jobs but they wouldn't be in the US. :wink:
U r probably right. But the question is why would he (and millions of other investors) not create jobs in the US instead. Well for that say "thank you" to bloated government, ridiculous regulations, labor unions, min wage laws, labor laws that give all rights to the employees and none to the employer, affirmative action, gov. interference and picking winners and losers, very high corp. taxation etc. etc. etc. US has structural problems and until they are solved (read demolished) neither Romney nor Obama will be able to affect job growth. Besides government doesn't create jobs, but it can create environment where private sector (real economic engine) creates jobs. Right now there are no real economic drivers in the US.
Arica siempre Arica...

greg~judy

Post by greg~judy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:21 pm

~

Evidence of Electronic Vote Fraud Pours In from Both Liberal and Conservative Sources

http://www.globalresearch.ca/evidence-o ... es/5310842

:|
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa

john

Post by john » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm

zaebis wrote:
john wrote: Yes, Romney would create a lot of jobs but they wouldn't be in the US. :wink:
U r probably right. But the question is why would he (and millions of other investors) not create jobs in the US instead. Well for that say "thank you" to bloated government, ridiculous regulations, labor unions, min wage laws, labor laws that give all rights to the employees and none to the employer, affirmative action, gov. interference and picking winners and losers, very high corp. taxation etc. etc. etc. US has structural problems and until they are solved (read demolished) neither Romney nor Obama will be able to affect job growth. Besides government doesn't create jobs, but it can create environment where private sector (real economic engine) creates jobs. Right now there are no real economic drivers in the US.
Yes, there are underlying structural problems with the US economy primarily caused by advanced technology; for example, increasing numbers of routine tasks (especially in manufacturing) are performed by machines, thereby, requiring fewer workers. However, I don't agree with your characterization of why there has been a lack of robust job creation, because the current unemployment problems are cyclical, not structural. Moreover, I acknowledge that there is a serious structural deficit problem which will continue to persist so long as policymakers continue to spend more than they tax.

There Is No 'Structural' Unemployment Problem
A look at the skills-jobs mismatch finds no evidence that changes in the economy explain high joblessness. The problem is slow growth.

http://www.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239 ... 43058.html
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

momof3

Post by momof3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

If it is close do you think someone will pull the Sandy card?
We agree to disagree.

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 pm

john wrote:. . . the current unemployment problems are cyclical, not structural.
I agree.
I think it is part of the cyclical phenomenon of the rise, followed by the fall of an empire which wastes too much of its wealth on its wars, both external and internal.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 pm

john :
'Yes, Romney would create a lot of jobs but they wouldn't be in the US.'

zaebis :

'U r probably right. But the question is why would he (and millions of other investors) not create jobs in the US instead. Well for that say "thank you" to bloated government, ridiculous regulations, labor unions, min wage laws, labor laws that give all rights to the employees and none to the employer, affirmative action, gov. interference and picking winners and losers, very high corp. taxation etc. etc. etc. US has structural problems and until they are solved (read demolished) neither Romney nor Obama will be able to affect job growth. Besides government doesn't create jobs, but it can create environment where private sector (real economic engine) creates jobs. Right now there are no real economic drivers in the US.'

'why would he (and millions of other investors) not create jobs in the US'

I would think that this decision is based on corporate profits, and I believe it is the only consideration.

''To take the United States as an example, the U.S.'s GNP is the value of output produced by American-owned firms, regardless of where the firms are located.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product

'bloated government, ridiculous regulations, labor unions, ...'

How many of the items in this list are only dependant on the federal government?

Found an interesting graph:

United States Debt as a Percentage of GDP (1940-2012)
http://visual.ly/united-states-debt-per ... -1940-2012

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am

slashdot.com has a nice discussion and list of articles on the voting technical issues
http://politics.slashdot.org/story/12/1 ... rolling-in

Ask yourself, how much of that United States debt was spent in individuals vs. companies?

How much went directly in to the pockets of companies, be it defence contractors, Medicaid providers, banks, wall street, school contractors, and so on?

The answer is very, very little went to individuals; even if all individuals or even a target group did receive some small benefit from the corruption.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.