Looking for Jeep accessories

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

swdchile

Looking for Jeep accessories

Post by swdchile » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Anyone know any Jeep accessory store in Chile? A friend in L a Serena is looking for a new swing type bumper for his jeep. Something like this:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12029_402_07.htm He doesn't mind driving down to Santiago for this.
Thanks for any help.
Scout's Honor

Ride-Chile.com

Re: Looking for Jeep accessories

Post by Ride-Chile.com » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:51 am

Hi

Try this one, situated in Santiago:
<LINK REMOVED>

Haven't been there yet, most of the prices are a lot more expensive than what you can buy them for in Europe or USA.

I have tried to email them several times, but never a reply.

Saludos

Mick

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Even that US link seems quite expensive for that much steel tubing, doesn't it?

Can you sketch out exactly what you want? As I mentioned to our friend last night, I'd try Matteo Albasini up in La Florida. He seems to be known all over Chile for fabricating exhaust pipes and custom parts, including roll bars etc. (he made some for the AURA cars). I'll post his number (214492) since it's already on the Web. If admin doesn't like that you can send me a PM. Or you can talk to J-M. The only thing is that I'm not sure whether he's retired now, but his son was carrying on the metalwork, doing jobs like staircases and telescope mounts.

Assuming they can do a good job of the mechanism, I reckon the main downside would be not having the expensive powder paint of the factory part. I used to have to repaint my plain steel roll bar every year or two in La Serena (perhaps it's worth getting a proper spray job done).

James.

ABIII

Post by ABIII » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am

you can hire out the powder coating in Santiago
Pintura electrostatica
is what you need to look for in the paginas amarillas
Based in Chile - 1990
Lake District - 2009