Virus Humour

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Virus Humour

Post by admin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:46 am

El Presidente wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:17 am
It's the greatest presidential fire-up speech Hollywood has ever produced, hence why it is in my signature. Unfortunately the Argentinian didn't deliver it with quite the same gusto as Bill Pullman did...
:lol: :lol:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Damn, experts! Trying to help using logic and science!
Attachments
adkjgu42mma51.jpg
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:48 pm

We have over the years gotten a lot of people that THINK they know what they are doing.

Every once in a while as I am listening in on a conference call with my wife and potential new client that is going on, and on, and on about HOW THEY THINK THE WORLD IS.

My wife can not even get a word in. She occasionally looses patience and says, "do you want me to tell you what you want to hear, or do you want my professional expert legal opinion on what the law says".

Which, when it is all said and done, typically translates in to me charging them a little bit of money to do it right the first time; or, a whole lot of cash to clean-up the mess they created when they come back after trying to do it themselves. That is a assuming they had money in the first place. Often it is an indication they are trying to convince themselves they do not need to pay us and can do it cheaper themselves.

Ironically, over the years, it is American attorneys that are the worse about it.

Like, more than once, we have had American attorneys go out and do silly things. For example, the one that handed over $20,000 to a maestro with a handshake in the Patagonia to build a house, then was surprised when things turned out badly.

I said to him, "when you practised law in the United states would you let one of your clients do something like that"?

He said, "no".

I said, "then why the hell would you do it in a foreign country, foreign culture, in a legal system you don't understand"?

I have seen American attorneys, with their own money and investments in Chile, loose more money than any other type of people on the planet. All because they think they know it all.

He said, "yea".

after that, had another American attorney, loose a million dollars and an entire company. Another that lost 3 million dollars, and an entire company. on, and on, and on.

My wife and I have gotten to the point we flag new clients that are American attorneys, for special oversight and care, because they have a real talent for getting themselves in to "special" trouble.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:48 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Dear admin. This is a lobby. I thought, unrestricted.

Where else on the forum can I post a reply to the quoted post?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 am

Experts: this shit is dangerous, protect yourself and others around you.

Americans:

"That’s just what Big Chernobyl wants you to think - Dont be sheeple, do the research yourself! Chernobyl is perfectly safe without a mask, do you see any of the animals wearing mask? Those guys over there? They’re brainwashed!

I mean come on people - You think Chernobyl is bad? Imagine putting on a mask and breathing in your own Carbon Monoxide! That stuff will kill you!

I honestly don't care that 99% of top doctors and scientists have cited that Chernobyl is radioactive and you need protection to go in there. I've found this one disbarred lawyer from the 40s who speaks out against them, he knows what he's talking about.

The fuck is this? Nazi Germany? The next thing you're going to expect me to wear is a Burkha! Wake up people!"
Attachments
m5zz0isotlb51.jpg
m5zz0isotlb51.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 478 times
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:43 am

tiagoabner wrote:
I have changed my mind and totally agree with your experts.

Bee-keepers have to use protection, this is to protect the bees from the virus, on any of the honey bee farms.

"Spain has ordered the culling of nearly 100,000 mink on a farm and an estimated one million mink have already been culled on Dutch fur farms, as coronavirus wreaks havoc in the European fur farming industry.

Joaquin Olona, agriculture minister for the north-eastern Aragon region, said the cull would involve the slaughter of 92,700 mink which are prized for their pelts.

Officials suspect the virus first reached the farm through a worker who passed it on to the animals."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... s-outbreak

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:28 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 am
Americans:

"That’s just what Big Chernobyl wants you to think...
I have googled the quoted part to find out the source of the post, and to include it here. This is a Reddit post, it is timed about 7 hours back from now, and the link below shows the original {reddit}, with 500 reader comments displayed:

https://i.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/h ... ?limit=500

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:50 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:28 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 am
Americans:

"That’s just what Big Chernobyl wants you to think...
I have googled the quoted part to find out the source of the post, and to include it here. This is a Reddit post, it is timed about 7 hours back from now, and the link below shows the original {reddit}, with 500 reader comments displayed:

https://i.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/h ... ?limit=500
Yep, that's where I got it from. What's the problem with that?

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:56 pm

I would only agree to participate in a dispute, if there were an uncensored topic allowed on the forum, with no posts removal, at least for 2 - 3 days. I would promise not to use any of the prohibited words (starting with co***, vi***, etc.). It has to be a honest dispute, where people are not using "cut and paste" of any sort, but rather only expressing their argument in their own words.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:21 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:56 pm
I would only agree to participate in a dispute, if there were an uncensored topic allowed on the forum, with no posts removal, at least for 2 - 3 days. I would promise not to use any of the prohibited words (starting with co***, vi***, etc.). It has to be a honest dispute, where people are not using "cut and paste" of any sort, but rather only expressing their argument in their own words.
You don't need to argue about everything, much less about a post at the virus humor forum.

Regarding your censorship comment: this is a private forum, it isn't a government run forum and there's no expectation of freedom of speech here. In fact, if I was admin, I would moderate it much more heavily, given that his company's contact information is very prominent here. That's his call, though. His forum, his rules.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:21 pm
You don't need to argue about everything, much less about a post at the virus humor forum.
I thought a "forum" could be a community of members of different political, religious, or scientific views. Regardless of where a member posts their message, another one may want to express their agreement or disagreement (if there is no ad hominem attack or unlawful content).

A humorous cartoon may reflect a real-life controversy, depicting two conflicting parties: the righteousness of one is defended by the poster, and the other ("foolish") party should be laughed at by the reader. Indeed, I have no need to argue about everything, but solely about a couple of questions that I am not entirely in agreement with.

I have no objections whatsoever if you are not willing to hear disagreement, or it is not allowed here. Thank you for taking the time to explain all this to me.