Any push back?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

nikotromus

Re: Any push back?

Post by nikotromus » Mon May 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Man - Santiago was literally on fire months ago. "Hey bro - why is the subway always skipping the Baquedano stop?" Give this event another year or two which will add massive unemployment and food shortages to the already large level of income inequality and it should evolve into an even more interesting place. As a friend once told me "Santiago long term is no bueno".

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:00 pm

No comment...even though its a doctored image.
estamos pasando hambre.jpg
estamos pasando hambre.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm

LOL! OMG + 1,000,000!

PaltaConPollo

Post by PaltaConPollo » Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 am

A supermarket was looted in El Bosque, and a bus was torced in La Pincoya last night https://www.24horas.cl/nacional/turba-q ... ya-4185555

Really don't envy anyone living in the outskirts of Santiago right now.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 am

PaltaConPollo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 am
A supermarket was looted in El Bosque, and a bus was torced in La Pincoya last night https://www.24horas.cl/nacional/turba-q ... ya-4185555

Really don't envy anyone living in the outskirts of Santiago right now.
Not sure how burning a bus helps people put food on their table but anyway.
Another uncoordinated shitty response by govt too, as seems to be their style. President wanking on on tv Sunday and press yesterday telling people two or three days into the quarantine to be patient because delivering 2.5 million boxes of food requires co ordination and logistics (as if the people who were targeted even got that memo or understand what logistics mean).

Some days I think this govt is doing an ok job then the next day, I just think you friggin morons, you have learnt nothing since October you arrogant dicks . Just like 4/5ths of the population they are just not that bright especially when it comes to seeing that every action has a consequence or even simply planning ahead , even just a few weeks.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 am

The main issue I see is a massive lack of foresight. Like, no shit Sherlock: of course people will be out of money when they are under lockdown. It's not like most countries in the world have implemented income support programs in the last two months. Heck, we've been talking about it on this forum since January.

Piñera's administration seems to be always reacting to things. They are incapable of taking proactive action.

Heck, even their solution is half-assed. Why the hell would you create such a supply chain nightmare such as feeding 2.5 million people when you could send them money instead so they could use it in whatever way they feel is more suited to their needs? Yeah, they're sending $60.000 per person for those included in their low income statistics, but that's not remotely enough.

I guess they need to find a way to put 10 bureaucrats to work where 1 efficient one would suffice.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 am
The main issue I see is a massive lack of foresight. Like, no shit Sherlock: of course people will be out of money when they are under lockdown. It's not like most countries in the world have implemented income support programs in the last two months. Heck, we've been talking about it on this forum since January.

Piñera's administration seems to be always reacting to things. They are incapable of taking proactive action.

Heck, even their solution is half-assed. Why the hell would you create such a supply chain nightmare such as feeding 2.5 million people when you could send them money instead so they could use it in whatever way they feel is more suited to their needs? Yeah, they're sending $60.000 per person for those included in their low income statistics, but that's not remotely enough.

I guess they need to find a way to put 10 bureaucrats to work where 1 efficient one would suffice.
The stupid thing is that pinera actually did solve this problem once before. after the earthquake, the government bought up the entire stock of building materials of sodimac, easy, etc and just opened the doors for people to get the construction materials; rather than try and reinvent the wheel, as those companies already had the supply chains and distribution infrastructure in place.

obviously, it would need to be more organized in this case, but there is not a lack of food. there is a lack of money for people to buy it. perhaps a preaid ATM cards allowing people to buy food at the local stores, etc. while blocking them from buying crap with it.
anyway you get the idea.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue May 19, 2020 12:22 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 am

Exactly, but far too logical, wouldn't mind betting that while there is genuine need, there is a lot of shit being stirred up by the desperate opposition too, it's a shit show on all sides.
Yeah like I said the other day, 60k pesos is very low, but it's still like 200 million USD total, where is all this money coming from? The trouble is theres too many in poverty in Chile to give everyone a generous amount, and many more that will now be slipping back into poverty (the extreme left will be happy about that).
I read something that the state will have over USD 12billion less coming into their budget this year, they have already applied for an emergency line of credit to the IMF, just in case.
But yeah it's an I'll thought through idea, making up food baskets, and all the waste and bullshit that entails, they are not the local muni they supposed to be a bit more onto it. Ah well getting used to the mediocre style of govt, it's been going on for 7 months yesterday, happy anniversary y'all.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 19, 2020 2:04 pm

chile was able to do a bond placement at 2.45%

well, and copper prices are recovering. peru and other countries shutdown their mining for a while. Chile never did. I am expecting a run on basic materials as all that stimulus money around the world needs to be sucked up by some infrastructure projects at some point.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/mercados/com ... 21602.html
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

MikieO

Post by MikieO » Wed May 20, 2020 12:14 am

Donnybrook wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
MikieO wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm
I got out early this am to head off to San Antonio and Líder. I used the carretera and the kiosk girls warned me that there was a checkpoint a couple of km down the Rd with no way to circumvent it.
A good save, seeing as I am under house quarantine for another week.
I was wondering about your thought process on this. You are obviously breaking quarantine as you say you have a week to go. Presumably you have no symptoms but must be aware that you might have the virus but not be showing symptoms and can pass it to others. So, I was wondering why you go out anyway.
I think I wrote "Lider", and no I wasn't buying tires. As the authorities are finding out, gotta eat.
I mask and glove up Distance etc so I see my visit as a wash, so to
speak
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 am

Wow. On Drudge Report this morning. When those broke and hungry creatures start burning the city down again, watch out!
Attachments
drudge.png
drudge.png (69.42 KiB) Viewed 131 times

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am

MikieO wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:14 am
Donnybrook wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
MikieO wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm
I got out early this am to head off to San Antonio and Líder. I used the carretera and the kiosk girls warned me that there was a checkpoint a couple of km down the Rd with no way to circumvent it.
A good save, seeing as I am under house quarantine for another week.
I was wondering about your thought process on this. You are obviously breaking quarantine as you say you have a week to go. Presumably you have no symptoms but must be aware that you might have the virus but not be showing symptoms and can pass it to others. So, I was wondering why you go out anyway.
I think I wrote "Lider", and no I wasn't buying tires. As the authorities are finding out, gotta eat.
I mask and glove up Distance etc so I see my visit as a wash, so to
speak
Thank you for explaining. I haven't left the house since 16th March and get everything delivered. I am a high risk group but so are people supposed to be in quarantine. There are rumours (yes, I know) about the V region getting quarantine so maybe you should look at options. Everyone is delivering, from tiny fruit and vegetable sellers to large supermarkets.

Rather than push back, what I see is people becoming very creative about making something to sell. In my very residential neighbourhood there is a woman baking wonderful bread and another making masks. The tiny fruit and vegetable shop is doing deliveries. People are adapting to the new normal. Pushing back against the government is pointless right now. There are worse ones out there. We all think we could do better. Good or bad, everyone in the world is stuck with the government they had when this started. Maybe more people will get out and vote next time around. But right now the survivors (not in the medical sense) will be those who accept, adapt and get on with doing the best they can.