Any push back?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

41southchile

Re: Any push back?

Post by 41southchile » Sun May 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
MikieO wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm
I got out early this am to head off to San Antonio and Líder. I used the carretera and the kiosk girls warned me that there was a checkpoint a couple of km down the Rd with no way to circumvent it.
A good save, seeing as I am under house quarantine for another week.
I was wondering about your thought process on this. You are obviously breaking quarantine as you say you have a week to go. Presumably you have no symptoms but must be aware that you might have the virus but not be showing symptoms and can pass it to others. So, I was wondering why you go out anyway.
An interesting question Donnybrook, yes perhaps MikieO would care to share the thought process in why it's ok to go out and about when they have been mandated to stay at home for 2 weeks?

I've been reading about the stages of grief and how it applies to the pandemic, maybe the protestors around the place breaking the curfew/quarantine breakers like MikieO are still only in the first few stages, where as those ahead of the pack are already at the acceptance stage and adapting to the new reality.

Theres only a very few things that are in our circles of influence that we can control, quarantines and curfews are not some of them (no matter what the internet says) therefore from a purely productive measure its a waste of energy trying to change or rebel against them.

But hey whatever, be my guest, make your point, be the hero that knows best and make that point, just dont complain when you get arrested and you have to make that point from a cell.

Ive reached the conclusion that you Gotta wear a mask in the super, just wear it, gotta stay home after travel for two weeks just friggin do it. But I do understand why people dont comply, most of us have been through the stages.

Also in part I have reached the conclusion that you dont draw attention to yourself, I know the primitive mob like mentality that exists in this country especially in poorer neighborhoods, and more so in times of fear and uncertainty. A gringo out and about breaking the rules doing their own thing because they feel like it , simply doesn't help any of us. The same way gringos I know on social media were sent death threats after the dickshit started shooting up the protesters in Reñaca. Anyway, YMMV

"The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. "
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sun May 17, 2020 12:55 pm

admin wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:37 pm
Think there was a little reverse psychology going on.

by refusing to quarterine everything, the left goes in to their default mode of bitching about what the government is NOT doing.
Perhaps. Don't take controlled opposition off of the table as well.

I point at the Austin protests in the states specifically for that scenario. On the surface it appeared to be an organic protest of the people. Then you see Alex Jones pull up shouting from a bull horn. Who, is easily the most transparent shill in the game. It turns out the whole event was organized by Info Wars. Controlling both sides of a conflict is nothing new, and the powers that be have that art mastered.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:49 pm
Also in part I have reached the conclusion that you dont draw attention to yourself, I know the primitive mob like mentality that exists in this country especially in poorer neighborhoods, and more so in times of fear and uncertainty. A gringo out and about breaking the rules doing their own thing because they feel like it , simply doesn't help any of us. The same way gringos I know on social media were sent death threats after the dickshit started shooting up the protesters in Reñaca. Anyway, YMMV
Well said bro. And you're right. There is no point to trying to fight any of this. I don't know a single person in real life who questions any part of the measures that have been enacted with this event. The military isn't needed to enforce any of this. The masses will do all of the snitching and rounding up and other dirty work for them. So far there is nothing "they" have done to us that have stirred up anyone in my circles. I wonder if it is even possible to cross a line with them. I guess we will see with the second and third and fourth waves that roll over us. It might make the house arrest, forced business closures, curfews and loss of jobs look like a walk in the park.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun May 17, 2020 1:42 pm

nikotromus wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:18 pm
Thanks for the info ya'll.

It's bizarre. When I was in Chile in January there were men in masks burning tires in the streets. On two separate occasions they tried to stop my truck Reginald Denny style.
Can you provide some more detail on this? Were they stopping your truck simply by blocking the road? Did they ask you to beep your horn/support them/give money/dance? Or were they pulling on the doors / trying to get into the vehicle? Or violence being threatend?

If this was more of attempted violence rather than a road blockage, I would be interested to know where this happened. Thanks.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Britkid wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:42 pm
Can you provide some more detail on this?
Sure.

I was staying at the Capital Hotel in the central part of the city, but visiting friends and conducting other business in Las Condes. I first knew things were way off when on my ride home one night people were burning tires in the streets with smoke billowing out everywhere. Then like a half mile later, there were about 30 Carineros just sitting there. So strange. I still got home alright and just shook it off.

A couple days later in broad daylight, I drove though a big city round a bout area driving from the center of the city to Las Condes. Again they were burning tires. This time a man sporting black mask got in front of my truck with his arms spread trying to get me to stop. Other people were cracking their windows a few inches and were handing pesos over to other masked men. I decided to rev my engine and drive around them. Then there was a third incident at night where men in masks were stopping traffic. It looked like a money shakedown. I again stepped on the gas and drove around them, this time I dangerously blew through an intersection. This all happened in a 1 week period.

Unfortunately, if I stay in Santiago again it will be NE Santiago only.

El Presidente

Post by El Presidente » Mon May 18, 2020 2:02 am

nikotromus wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm
Britkid wrote:
A couple days later in broad daylight, I drove though a big city round a bout area driving from the center of the city to Las Condes. Again they were burning tires.
Sounds like the Plaza Italia shakedown area.
“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY.” - President Thomas J. Whitmore

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 am

El Presidente wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:02 am
nikotromus wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm
Britkid wrote:
A couple days later in broad daylight, I drove though a big city round a bout area driving from the center of the city to Las Condes. Again they were burning tires.
Sounds like the Plaza Italia shakedown area.
That's what I thought as well, it really sounds like Plaza Italia and the small area around it in Providencia. Also know as the Stay The Fuck Away zone during the protests. He's lucky he didn't got anyone with his car when running from the protestors: things would've turned violent really fast if he did.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 am

In retrospect I should have just handed them some pesos. That's probably all they wanted. In the moments of panic I just got out of there.

I guess the Carbineros just let it happen. "They're just kids blowing off some steam. Just let um go". Bizaroland.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon May 18, 2020 10:15 am

nikotromus wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 am
In retrospect I should have just handed them some pesos. That's probably all they wanted. In the moments of panic I just got out of there.

I guess the Carbineros just let it happen. "They're just kids blowing off some steam. Just let um go". Bizaroland.
Yeah retrospect is great but never there when you need it. Good job you got out of there safety, a shame you didt "acidentally" run over the thugs feet as they came near your vehicle, screw them, nothing more than anti social criminals.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 10:43 am

Screenshot_20200518-094145_Brave.jpg
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 4:11 pm

well, this was bound to happen sooner or later, but there seems to be very little sympathy for this bunch of wankers. El Bosque is a notorious drug and crime neighborhood.

I was watching the protests. after just 3 days of quarantine, and a group all young males start protesting that they are starving, bla, bla. half of them were overweight. the women, children, old people that were out watching, but from behind the police lines.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... osque.html

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm

now the flaites in el bosque are not getting any sympathy, but the government most definitely should have had a plan to deal with hundreds of thousands of poor people being quarantined and needing food.

now they are saying they will be distributing food packages starting later this week or next; but, yea, a bit improvised when it has been clear for months now that a full quarantine in Santiago (or other places) was more than possible.