Any push back?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

nikotromus

Any push back?

Post by nikotromus » Sat May 16, 2020 7:46 pm

I just saw in the "news" that there was a pretty big protest in Germany pushing back against the lock down measures. I'm sure there have been other protests in the world, but I'm not aware of anything else outside of Ohio, Michigan and Austin here in the states. I'm curious if there has been any push back at all in Chile against the measures taken there? I am legitimately curious. No I'm not trying to antagonize anyone or pull any strings or whatever I might be accused of for asking a question.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Any push back?

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat May 16, 2020 8:04 pm

Only the thousands that have gotten caught violating curfew, preventive quarantine, infected quarantine, circulating without the proper permisos when under total quarantine or cordon sanitario or caught lying for those permisos and/or violating mask regulations or other. Chileans push back by ignoring the regs at risk of getting caught and fined (like normal).
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat May 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Pretty much what eeuuexpat said. There were a bunch of unrelated protests, such as a work related protest on worker's day, but nothing against the quarantine.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

MikieO

Post by MikieO » Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm

I got out early this am to head off to San Antonio and Líder. I used the carretera and the kiosk girls warned me that there was a checkpoint a couple of km down the Rd with no way to circumvent it.
A good save, seeing as I am under house quarantine for another week.
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat May 16, 2020 9:16 pm

MikieO,

Very strict cordon sanatario for the comuna of San Antonio which started 10 pm YESTERDAY. NO ONE can ENTER OR LEAVE except having the proper salvo conducto for ONLY two reasons: (1) funeral tramites or (2) medical resaons. That means that even across the bridge Santo Domingo cannot go grocery shopping in San Antonio.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sat May 16, 2020 10:43 pm

These types are protests in the West are from groups that are right and far-right people with anti-mainstream, anti-science views, conspiracy theorists, and associated nutjobs (not all of them, but some). Chile doesn't have that sub-culture and so won't have these types of protests.

That being said, there are some legitimate questions around the right to protest and when and how freedoms should be protected, and so the protestors may have some valid points, but in practice they tend to attract at least some of the sort of people you'd want to avoid.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 am

oddly, that is one thing they don't seem to be interested in protesting, and Chileans really like to protest about everything.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Billhere

Post by Billhere » Sun May 17, 2020 7:09 am

A small protest, first of its kind, in London yesterday protesting against the 'lockdown'.

A maximum of fifty mostly conspiracy and G5 theorists. Nineteen arrested in the end, the others were issued with fines after being allowed to protest for an hour.

They only people they are putting at risk, apart from themselves, are the Police Officers who ringed them in along the Embankment which is near the Palace of Westminster.

Just also read that there were attempted demos in two other towns, but nobody went.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm

MikieO wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm
I got out early this am to head off to San Antonio and Líder. I used the carretera and the kiosk girls warned me that there was a checkpoint a couple of km down the Rd with no way to circumvent it.
A good save, seeing as I am under house quarantine for another week.
I was wondering about your thought process on this. You are obviously breaking quarantine as you say you have a week to go. Presumably you have no symptoms but must be aware that you might have the virus but not be showing symptoms and can pass it to others. So, I was wondering why you go out anyway.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sun May 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info ya'll.

It's bizarre. When I was in Chile in January there were men in masks burning tires in the streets. On two separate occasions they tried to stop my truck Reginald Denny style. By the time I left a couple months later I can only guess those same creatures were using those same masks out of fear over our invisible boogyman. I was warned to be super on guard in March and April because Chile was going to be a powder keg with the constitutional vote coming up. And then all of a sudden, no more protests. The same power structure that sprung this thing out of the box by taxing the poor 3 extra pesos for a rail ticket conveniently solved their problem by putting all of the protesters under house arrest.

We're in the top of the first inning of this thing. This is the new metaphorical bearded Muslim terrorist with dynamite strapped to his chest. It won't be going away anytime soon. There has been so much predictive programming of a 'second wave' coming with this thing that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point. I wonder how much longer those protesters will continue to shelter in place, hiding from this thing. Especially if the constitutional vote either doesn't happen, or if they don't get what they want out of the vote.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun May 17, 2020 12:29 pm

What is interesting about it all, it was the left that came out in strong favor of quarantine and other measures. Many far left mayors have argued their comunas need to be under total quarantine even begging the central authority for it. So the far left joined the predictable Chile-first rightist patriots in supporting authoritarian measures to face the "crisis".

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Think there was a little reverse psychology going on.

by refusing to quarterine everything, the left goes in to their default mode of bitching about what the government is NOT doing.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.