Shipments into Chile since the protests

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Spudzilla

Shipments into Chile since the protests

Post by Spudzilla » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Has anyone received any shipments from overseas since the protests. I've heard rumours that the aduanas are on strike.

mem

Re: Shipments into Chile since the protests

Post by mem » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:47 pm

We have...it just took forever. It got to aduanas in Santiago 3.5 weeks ago and we just got it yesterday.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Spudzilla wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 pm
Has anyone received any shipments from overseas since the protests. I've heard rumours that the aduanas are on strike.
it is a social revolution, not an embargo.

why would you even ask such a question?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:16 pm
Spudzilla wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 pm
it is a social revolution, not an embargo.

why would you even ask such a question?
I believe he heard that aduana was on a strike, so it sounds like a reasonable question.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm

mem wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:47 pm
We have...it just took forever. It got to aduanas in Santiago 3.5 weeks ago and we just got it yesterday.
Was that through regular shipping, or through express shipping? I was thinking about getting some items from Amazon, and your feedback on this is highly appreciated.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm

I was expecting one shipment approx every week from overseas since Oct 18, but instead i got 4 packages all of them yesterday.

So it seems things were not surprisingly a bit hung up.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 pm

I might be shipping a box of stuff (shoes, etc.) through USPS, to my casilla in La Serena. Has anyone tried something like that recently? I've done it a few times before, and it usually took maybe 4-6 weeks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

mem

Post by mem » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:12 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 pm
mem wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:47 pm
Was that through regular shipping, or through express shipping? I was thinking about getting some items from Amazon, and your feedback on this is highly appreciated.
It was USPS Priority. There is standard international USPS that doesnt give a tracking number, then priority with a tracking number that usually takes 2-3 weeks. Then there is priority express that can take as little as a week and a couple days.
It seems like Express gets rushed through customs whereas priority or lower tends to spend more time in customs and presumably more scrutiny.

For amazon, we usually do the fastest shipping...twice before we have done the step below the fastest and amazon seems to farm that out to lower tier shippers that have terrible customer service..ended up getting refunds from Amazon and then reordering with the fastest. Fulfilled by amazin stuff is the best. Hate to pay so much but like having the speed and predictability

Yes aduanas was on strike at one point and packages do essentially just sit there until they decide to work again...that definitely what seemed to happen with our recent package

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am

Ordered something from Amazon in the US on the 19th fastest shipping via UPS (actually a replace order where the original is in limbo because I discovered Amazon carriers do not deliver to Correos casilla). Just cleared customs this morning and Chilexpress already emailed the notice to expect it.

Have two more orders coming the slowest cheapest shipping way, I will report.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am
Ordered something from Amazon in the US on the 19th fastest shipping via UPS (actually a replace order where the original is in limbo because I discovered Amazon carriers do not deliver to Correos casilla). Just cleared customs this morning and Chilexpress already emailed the notice to expect it.

Did you mean USPS, instead of UPS? I haven't heard of anyone using UPS in Chile, but it's been a while since I checked. And was that october or november 19th? Thanks
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

Did you mean USPS, instead of UPS? I haven't heard of anyone using UPS in Chile, but it's been a while since I checked. And was that october or november 19th? Thanks
Delivered to the consejaria at 3:15 pm today by Chilexpress.

Evening of November 19th ordered; arrived SCL, cleared customs, handed off to Chilexpress, delivered on he same day (today).

UPS shipped on the US side, handed off to Chilexpress in Chile.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 pm
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

Delivered to the consejaria at 3:15 pm today by Chilexpress.

Evening of November 19th ordered; arrived SCL, cleared customs, handed off to Chilexpress, delivered on he same day (today).

UPS shipped on the US side, handed off to Chilexpress in Chile.
Thanks, I'll have to try that. My latest attempts to get new debit cards, have been disasters. And those were before the protests started.