could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

nwdiver

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by nwdiver » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:21 am
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am
Julito wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:32 pm
The most common is factura promised but never delivered and the IVA pocketed.
How does that one work? I don't think anyone's tried it on me yet.
You will never see a factura unless you operate an IVA-registered business of some sort.

Once again, miles off topic. Sorry, no more from me on this. Post edited to remove excess sh*t. ... :oops:
You hold back the IVA until the factura is delivered, what's the issue?
It's all about the wine.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 pm
You hold back the IVA until the factura is delivered, what's the issue?
Even simpler: Pago contra Factura
Most of these situations arise with individuals or very small businesses who operate in the Black Economy with cash only transactions. Buyer beware.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:41 pm

No you hold back the final 50% and IVA till the factura is delivered, that´s the lesson learned.
But that doesn´t help for example someone on a business trip who has to pay in full for their accommodation on the spot. Most hotels and accommodation providers want full payment up front.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Julito wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:41 pm
No you hold back the final 50% and IVA till the factura is delivered, that´s the lesson learned.
But that doesn´t help for example someone on a business trip who has to pay in full for their accommodation on the spot. Most hotels and accommodation providers want full payment up front.
oh please people? who the hell are you doing business with?

A) who cares. To get the benefits of 'factura' you need a full blown company.

B) a simple receipt, who cares. there is no tax advantage anyway.

anyone getting screwed like this, simply tell them you are reporting them to the SII. They probably do it because you are a gringo. Insist on a receipt if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. the chilean goverment is not going to collapse over some bullshit little corner store not paying iva on some gringos coke cola.

the only people i even remotely put up with that crap from is the little old lady selling apples or whatever (and the chinese malls). the SII does regular stings. it is going to bite them in the ass eventually, and anyone in this day and age trying to play that game never had a viable long-term buisness anyway.

I use cash now for one purpose: paying the dam toll roads. I have not carried cash in several years. ATM card. I don't do buisness with anyone that does not accept credit cards.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:33 pm

so chile could buy an slightly used aircraft carrier for about 1.3 million dollars.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/bra ... argian-12m

not sure what they would do with it.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 pm

It´s probably worth that in scrap metal.
This makes an interesting read:

http://www.unz.com/freed/unused-militaries/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:59 pm

the original source of that article

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/say-by ... c836a5ec23

funny i was just watching a documentary on the history of naval aviation and carriers. It included a segment on the midway battle, arguing that it demonstrated the importance of carriers to modern warfare.

what they missed, was it also demonstrated that once you loose your carriers, you loose the war. :lol:

Japan had just sufficient carriers to get it in to trouble and piss off the United States. You cant 'kind of' build a carrier force.

In a sense, I am afraid that chile's toy fleet of f-16s and and korean war era fighters, along with a military that has not fought a real war since tall ships were in style, is just sufficiently dangerous to be, well, dangerous. dangerious in a kind of 'bringing a knife to a gun fight' sort of way. luckily, for the moment, I don't think any of the neighbors are really in any sort of position to pick a fight, as long as chile does not.

at46

Post by at46 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:10 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:59 pm
In a sense, I am afraid that chile's toy fleet of f-16s and and korean war era fighters, along with a military that has not fought a real war since tall ships were in style, is just sufficiently dangerous to be, well, dangerous. dangerious in a kind of 'bringing a knife to a gun fight' sort of way. luckily, for the moment, I don't think any of the neighbors are really in any sort of position to pick a fight, as long as chile does not.
I'm more worried about Chile having no friends in the 'hood. Mine the mountain passes and blockage the ports and Chile will bring you the keys on a plate within a month.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:08 am

Chile has friends, well they maybe fair weather friends, but friends no less at the moment . Lot of mountain passes, lot of Ports, , no one in the hood has the capability to take on Chile, as it stands at the moment, with or without friends
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am

Closing border cross points would damage the "enemies" own access to Pacific commerce except for maybe Peru. Blockading ports, how the hell would they be able to do it not to mention it would again block their own access to trade. Also, the Chile-Brasil relationship can strategically place pressure on all the potential trouble makers in the region.

So maybe in some parallel universe.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Julito

Post by Julito » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am

There´re no strategic threats to Chile and in the unlikely event it ever happens it´ll evolve over time. If it ever came from a motivated, lightly armed and experienced foe, Chile, with zero military experience of war for many generations would need to pull in suitably qualified advisors and listen to them. The current force posture, the navy excluded, largely consists of big boys toys to keep the officers happy.

Just one example... the Leopard tanks I´m told are to be used to block the mountain passes, at least that was the original tactical justification for their purchase. That isn´t remotely what tanks are designed for or their purpose. A grunt hiding behind a rock with a light shoulder fired weapon can at a 1000 yards very easily take out a stationary tank. Mountain passes are better covered by mines over watched by spotters and long range artillery.

But hey, in peacetime hooning around cross country in tanks is a lot more fun than polishing artillery pieces.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:19 pm

In passing:
admin wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 pm

oh please people? who the hell are you doing business with?

A) who cares. To get the benefits of 'factura' you need a full blown company.
That had been already mentioned. Read before Write is always a good idea.
fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:21 am
You will never see a factura unless you operate an IVA-registered business of some sort.
Back to the armchair warrior thread....
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge