could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21530
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by admin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Drones are the weapon of the future.......big ones and tiny cluster drones....
yea, I figure if the saudis, with like 80 billion dollar defense budget can not defend against a few drones, highly doubt the Bolivian navy will be able to stop them. at least when they are shot down, hell of a lot cheaper than an f-16.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by 41southchile » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:12 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 pm
nwdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Drones are the weapon of the future.......big ones and tiny cluster drones....
yea, I figure if the saudis, with like 80 billion dollar defense budget can not defend against a few drones, highly doubt the Bolivian navy will be able to stop them. at least when they are shot down, hell of a lot cheaper than an f-16.
I think was more than a few drones to be fair that hit the Saudis, but yeah you would think 80 billion should provide some protection, evidently not, 🤔 Sospechosa la wea the whole thing from whichever way you look at it from all sides. But yeah Chile would kick anyone's ass in the neighborhood with what they have now without the need to invest in any new toys for the foreseeable future. I'm still surprised drones haven't been used a lot more in terrorist attacks, theres a few high profile examples and some suspect (staged) ones around the globe but nothing really, considering how accessible and advanced they are .
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by at46 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 am

41southchile wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:12 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 pm
nwdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Drones are the weapon of the future.......big ones and tiny cluster drones....
yea, I figure if the saudis, with like 80 billion dollar defense budget can not defend against a few drones, highly doubt the Bolivian navy will be able to stop them. at least when they are shot down, hell of a lot cheaper than an f-16.
I think was more than a few drones to be fair that hit the Saudis, but yeah you would think 80 billion should provide some protection, evidently not, 🤔 Sospechosa la wea the whole thing from whichever way you look at it from all sides. But yeah Chile would kick anyone's ass in the neighborhood with what they have now without the need to invest in any new toys for the foreseeable future. I'm still surprised drones haven't been used a lot more in terrorist attacks, theres a few high profile examples and some suspect (staged) ones around the globe but nothing really, considering how accessible and advanced they are .
Sospechosa la wea for sure. As to the drones not being used more often, I think they're actually used quite a bit, but perhaps not reported as much as you'd expect. For example, the Russian airbase in Syria has been under nearly daily (nightly) attacks by drone swarms for a few years now. It seems they have figured out how to fight it with electronic devices and mid- and close-range guns. I don't think it has been penetrated again after the very first attack a couple of years ago when the drones did get through but apparently didn't cause much damage.

Julito
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Location: Villarrica

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by Julito » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:11 am

"I cannot understand the mentality behind not issuing a Factura and keeping the IVA. You only get do that once; the client will take his future business elsewhere, to somewhere more honest. But it's not uncommon."

It beats me too. It´s happened 3 times to us but the most ridiculous one was the 2 outside signs for the hotel. He tricked us on the first in full knowledge that we needed a second one! So of course we cancelled it and took our business elsewhere.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21530
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by admin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:48 am

pay with a credit card. They can not play games with iva that way.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Location: Villarrica

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by Julito » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:53 am

If they´ll accept credit cards, which many don´t because they hate the high commissions and monthly fees. Though Transbank finally has some competition.

https://sumup.com

Out of the UK, no 30.000 monthly fee, lower commission (2.5%) and it´s a great system. You buy the machine and it´s yours.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by at46 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Julito wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:53 am
If they´ll accept credit cards, which many don´t because they hate the high commissions and monthly fees. Though Transbank finally has some competition.

https://sumup.com

Out of the UK, no 30.000 monthly fee, lower commission (2.5%) and it´s a great system. You buy the machine and it´s yours.
German company originally, so, yeah, your data are safely stored with the BND :lol: It is a great product though.

Julito
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Location: Villarrica

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by Julito » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Colonel Klink and Sargent Schultz are most welcome to play with our data. It´ll keep their minds off the Eastern Front.

thisisreallycomplicated
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm
Location: Coquimbo

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am

Julito wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:32 pm
The most common is factura promised but never delivered and the IVA pocketed.
How does that one work? I don't think anyone's tried it on me yet.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Julito
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Location: Villarrica

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by Julito » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:01 am

Simple...
Wanting goods or services you get a price and ask, "Do you issue facturas?"
They reply, "Yes" and often want a 50% deposit or payment for materials so you´re committed. It´s Illegal where I come from, the max is 10%.
They deliver, you pay them and then it can go pear shaped in various ways. A couple of quick examples:

1. They´re shamelessly dishonest, come clean, admit they dont´ issue facturas, they tricked you, and run with the money.

2. The most common is to buy some time, claim their printer is being fixed or some other pathetic excuse, saying they´ll deliver or email the factura in a couple of days, then stop taking your calls.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by 41southchile » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am
Julito wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:32 pm
The most common is factura promised but never delivered and the IVA pocketed.
How does that one work? I don't think anyone's tried it on me yet.
Then you have not met many of the vast numbers of amateurs here that think they have what it takes to be successful and respected (or just dont give a shit, I'm still analyzing them) . They are basically coasting through life more interested in other things, for me reputation is something that is worth valuing, if they dont thats fine , each to their own. But they cant cry when the friggin chips are down, actually most dont seem to care, their character doesn't operate like that. Just like the eskimos (can we call them that now? )have so many words for snow, because there is so much of it, Chile has quite a few words for that sort of person, draw your own conclusions on what that means .
You'll spot them when it happens to you, they say they have a problem with issuing a factura at that moment but promise to sort it out and will send you it next week, make a mental note and shake their hand politely and think to yourself I'm never doing business with you again.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2021
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: could chile buy the F-35? future of the Chilean military

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:21 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am
Julito wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:32 pm
The most common is factura promised but never delivered and the IVA pocketed.
How does that one work? I don't think anyone's tried it on me yet.
You will never see a factura unless you operate an IVA-registered business of some sort.

Once again, miles off topic. Sorry, no more from me on this. Post edited to remove excess sh*t. ... :oops:
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Post Reply