Internet outages, march 13th 2019

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Internet outages, march 13th 2019

Post by admin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 pm

well we are increasingly encountering internet service outages today, and i want to know if anyone else is encountering them?

facebook based services, whatsapp, facebook, etc are having problems globally.

seems google related services had an outage this morning that was global.

closer to home, latam computer systems was down, along with their credit processing system this evening. their call center, voip based, has a really bad connections.

now anyone of these down would not be news, but that sure seems like a whole lot of coincidents for one 12 hour period.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Re: Internet outages, march 13th 2019

Post by 41southchile » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Sure does. The computer systems or connecting to issue fracturas were not working at the tattersell animal ferria this evening when I sent to pick up my 4 sheep I bought.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 pm

I haven't noticed any problems yet, in Coquimbo. I never use facebook though. Or anything they own, like whatsapp, if I can avoid it. But I do use google.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm

LATAM Internet is easy to explain as they are fucked up anyways.

It is the last day of their current super ofertas promotions. On Monday, I had two bookings fail at payment (the first a Chilean card and the other a US card). Had to use an insider connection to retrieve one of the failed payment bookings to get the oferta. The other went through on the second attempt where afterwards the price shot up.

IME: you need to play both the Chile site and US site to capture inventory that may be hidden temporarily or absolutely from the other.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 pm

No Internet problems today BTW, VTR San Antonio. Whatsapp works, outside of Chile sites work fine, inside Chile sites load and work fine...

It would be ironic if the NSA did inadvertently cause problems on the wider net when they supposedly did a focused Stuxnet type attack on the Venezuela power grid.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:37 am

I did have a problem issuing a boleta on the SII site earlier, but I had the same problem last month. And I eventually got it to work, both times. So it didn't seem like a general outage problem that just happened today. But there's definitely a problem of some kind.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm

It is the last day of their current super ofertas promotions. On Monday, I had two bookings fail at payment (the first a Chilean card and the other a US card). Had to use an insider connection to retrieve one of the failed payment bookings to get the oferta. The other went through on the second attempt where afterwards the price shot up.

IME: you need to play both the Chile site and US site to capture inventory that may be hidden temporarily or absolutely from the other.
how often do they have the specials and does that include international?

yes, glitches in fb and google ayer

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 am

hlf2888 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

Yeah Latam always seems to have issues, in fact I always hear se cayó el sistema here so often, so may be a coincidence.
Yeah the have a few sales every year, March, cyber Monday, black Friday etc, the dates and fares I was looking for were nothing special on their so called mega promo an 11 percent discount apparantly . Found cheaper fares on another airline, some looked okish but you had to be very flexible in travel dates.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 am

hlf2888 wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

You can sign up on their site for their promos without being a part of their FF program. Got $669 SCL-LAX non-stop all-in with seats (as you now have to pay for even normal pre-chosen seats on international). They seem to have rotating offers from local to regional to international virtually every week or two. Or you can monitor daily their offers page.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:50 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 am
hlf2888 wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

You can sign up on their site for their promos without being a part of their FF program. Got $669 SCL-LAX non-stop all-in with seats (as you now have to pay for even normal pre-chosen seats on international). They seem to have rotating offers from local to regional to international virtually every week or two. Or you can monitor daily their offers page.
EEUU-San, whenever you fly avoid the Boeing 737 series. But I doubt any airliner doing the runs to or from Chile to the US are using the newer Boeing 737's.. Even Trumpster ordering the 737 operations in the US to seize for the time being. The EU, China, and many paises stopping them flying.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Hiya HybridAmbassador-san,

None of the three Chile airlines use the 737 MAX. And on Tursday night, Chile DGAC prohibited it from its airspace (GOL, Copa and Aerolineas Argentina have some in inventory).

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 pm

so seems icloud today is having problems:

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/14 ... -14-apple/

now everyone seems to have an unrelated excuse for this, but i have my own pet hypnosis developing.

all these big data services, even if you don't realize it, have been little by little working their unified login systems in to unrelated services, both online and offline.

an obvious example is say you go to a news website, and to login you need to use your google, facebook, apple account, or whatever.

i simply refuse to play that game with our user's data. you use allchile.net, i am the only one that sees anything, that you do not already make public (and even i dont look at it unless someone missbehaves).

what i don't think people realize is those companies are integrating in a big way in to other service like ho hum credit card processing, offline store purchases, etc, etc so they can triangulate users on and offline lives to profile for marketing and lots of things that are just not good; or at least people did not intentionally consent too. they are collecting your metadata.

well, that much centralization, leads to all kinds of bad things happening when it breaks. it cascades back through the system, when the system is the entire internet. it is just not as robust as it use to be, when every system was completely independent.

so, taking my hypothesis to its logical conspiracy theory conclusion, someone out there in the matrix is testing or probing to see just how badly it breaks. you don't want to break them all at once, because that draws too much attention.

of course, i might be wrong; and, even if i am right, i might never know it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.